PDA

View Full Version : 'Goodbye Skyeurope'

DAL208
3rd Jul 2008, 10:17
Saw this statement painted on a Ryanair 738 last week...anyone know the reason for this?

the_hawk
3rd Jul 2008, 10:30
yes, lack of creativity

stands in the line of "Arrivederci Alitalia" and many more

Dissident
3rd Jul 2008, 10:32
Auf wiedersehn Lufthansa

scrivenger
3rd Jul 2008, 10:32
The reason ...........gets people talking about RYR.

saucy jack
3rd Jul 2008, 11:03
Been wondering...do you folks flying at Ryanair see the slogans as "just a bit of fun", or are you as embarrassed as I would be when parking alongside your fellow professionals with this rubbish plastered down the side of your plane?

Anyway...the SkyEurope planes adorned with various undressing Slovakian Supermodels were far superior.

ManaAdaSystem
3rd Jul 2008, 11:13
Remember "Bye Bye Latehansa"? Funny, as LH is now way ahead of FR punctuality wise.

FR folks always get upset when there is a bit of FR bashing on PPRUNE. Weird considering they work for a company that invented airline bashing.

Sometimes I think "the great unwashed" is running the company, not filling the aircraft seats.

:yuk:

JulietNovemberPapa
3rd Jul 2008, 11:23
I love all their slogans. Long may they continue - but they do need to improve, to stand out more, to be more eyebrow-raising, to be more offensive, to reduce customer confidence in other airlines more effectively, to be a better talking point.

scrivenger
3rd Jul 2008, 11:28
I suppose its a little more honest than those cartels.....

Code 100
3rd Jul 2008, 11:33
Did Virgin start this slogan slagging a number of years back, when they put
'BA Humbug' on their 747's. I cannot remember which Scrooge-like act that Virgin were accusing BA of. Anybody with a better memory of it all?

zapzap
3rd Jul 2008, 11:33
I hope this is just Ryan air arrogance. I flew with SkyEurope in June. Flights on time, fairly confortable and reasonable value. Perhaps the slogan should be " Good buy, Sky Europe ". Long may they continue.:ok:

Groundloop
3rd Jul 2008, 11:58
easyJet used to have "Stop BA Stop go"

DAL208
3rd Jul 2008, 11:59
Did Virgin start this slogan slagging a number of years back, when they put
'BA Humbug' on their 747's. I cannot remember which Scrooge-like act that Virgin were accusing BA of. Anybody with a better memory of it all?

I was quite young at time, but i think that had something to do with the de-regulation of BA (perhaps???) and their monopoly of Trans-Atlantic routes....as i say i was pretty young at the time so may be WELL off there...

As for the Ryanair thing, when i saw it i just thought it was shockingly unprofessional...but wasnt sure if i was just being a sensitive puss and happens all the time or just didnt understand what it was for.

Shame.

DAL208
3rd Jul 2008, 12:02
just an amendment, when i said unprfessional, i was presuming it had something to do with skyeurope going out of business or something...if its a snipe at punctuality or something then thats not as bad obviously!

gtaflyer
3rd Jul 2008, 12:14
i remember the one on virgin planes that used to say AA/BA NO WAY which was short and sweet.

monkeybusiness2
3rd Jul 2008, 12:17
0 out of 10 for Ryan airs originality.

JulietNovemberPapa
3rd Jul 2008, 12:32
Evidently it's working: people herein are talking about it. And on a website whose members really ought by now to know MOL's tactics yet still continually fall for them.

blablabla
3rd Jul 2008, 16:10
This is not the right climate right now to be Headlining post with such statements that could be damaging to the Airline involved as I myself was shocked today to come into the Rumours & News forum to see a big GOOD BYE SKYEUROPE title...and I immediatly thought the worse until I came in and read exactly what the post was about....this Ryan AC has had this message on it since 2006..so this is very old news and I dont see why this needs to be made into a discussion again.

DAL208
3rd Jul 2008, 16:25
This is not the right climate right now to be Headlining post with such statements that could be damaging to the Airline involved as I myself was shocked today to come into the Rumours & News forum to see a big GOOD BYE SKYEUROPE title...and I immediatly thought the worse until I came in and read exactly what the post was about....this Ryan AC has had this message on it since 2006..so this is very old news and I dont see why this needs to be made into a discussion again.

sorry...a big GOODBYE SKYEUROPE. I think not. The beauty of being able to roll over the title of thread...its what it is for...so use it.

You're right of course...i SHOULS have known it has been on since 2006...that is really stupid of me, and its ridiculous of me not to take into consideration your view that it should not be discussed AGAIN. However, i would argue, one leads into other surely??

Duchess_Driver
3rd Jul 2008, 20:40
Didn't Virgin have '4 Engines 4 Long Haul' at one stage........where does that sit nowadays?

DreamOnLiner!

punkalouver
3rd Jul 2008, 22:10
Yes, and good old Richard(whom I normally admire) said he chose the 340-600 over the 777 because of European jobs. Now he is paying the price of his version of protectionism.

clipstone1
3rd Jul 2008, 22:11
VS rapidly removed the 4 engines line just before they announced their order for long range twins! lol

"2 engines are greener now" could they put that on instead?

VAFFPAX
4th Jul 2008, 13:33
"Mine's bigger than yours!"
That was the launch quote of the 346... because it was 6 feet longer than the 744. :-)

So yes, Virgin was right - Theirs WAS bigger than BA's.

The "4 engines 4 long haul" was in response to the usage of 7xx twins for long-haul flights by some airlines.

S.