PDA

View Full Version : Current RAF members

jsfboat
3rd Jul 2008, 04:32
I'm wondering if I could ask some recruitment, and general questions, but through PM though. Thanks

Pontius Navigator
3rd Jul 2008, 06:53
jsf,

I suggest you give a little more information in open forum before anyone will rise to your fly.

PS,

nice to see you have a profile.

RAFEmployee
3rd Jul 2008, 18:48
Yeh, not sure if I could help at all if I don't what it's about..

Ask away anyway.

inferno83
4th Jul 2008, 16:01
Pardon my ignorance, but why does an American want to know about the RAF? I mean, it sounds like you want to fly in the army, but how could info from the British army quite possibly help?

I don't mean to be rude, just curious, that's all...

Pontius Navigator
4th Jul 2008, 17:48
A number of colonials have dual nationality.

Roger Sofarover
5th Jul 2008, 04:13
flipflopman RB199

Aside from this....

Not sure you could help at all anyway "RAF Employee". Especially seeing as you appear to be at the LAC/SAC level of things.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not, am I?

And just what are you driving at with that comment to RAF Employee??

If i interpret your remark correctly I find that one of the most odious, puerile. nasty, egotistical comments ever to grace the Mil forum, for which you should be banned from this place.

Rank is not a pre requisite to having an opinion or offering help, neither is it directly proportional to intellect, as you have just so admirably displayed. I would love to see you sit down and have a head to head, with a young SAC i met who had a PhD. He could run academic rings around anybody on the unit, including the CO.

If I have misinterpreted your words then you need to take a look at how you express yourself.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not, am I?

k**b!

jsfboat

you will get a better response if you ask all your questions on the open forum, and request answers by PM:ok:

Rigger1
5th Jul 2008, 11:47
So if RAFEmployee is an LAC/SAC would he haven been through the recruitment process recently, and therefore be better qualified to talk about it currently works than most of us.

Sorry, FLIPFLOPMAN i think an apology is in order.

Shack37
5th Jul 2008, 11:53
Either FFM can't read or RAFEmployee has updated his profile. Do we have LAC/SAC pilots now? Either way, wonderful post R. Sofarover, very well put.

s37

cazatou
5th Jul 2008, 12:17
R S

I Concur

flipflopman RB199
5th Jul 2008, 15:18
Apologies are indeed required, and I have deleted the offending post.

As was probably evident, I was a little inebriated last night, however that should be no excuse.

My post was not a swipe at rank at all, having myself been one of those same LAC's and SAC's. I was however, referring to RAFEmployees previous posts, and indeed his profile in which he now describes himself as a pilot, which are extraordinarily contradictory.

I however apologise for the way this came across, and feel suitably K*ob-like.

Flipflopman

4mastacker
5th Jul 2008, 15:50
Roger Sofarover wrote:

I would love to see you sit down and have a head to head, with a young SAC i met who had a PhD.

I wonder if that was the same SAC who worked in one of our Forward Stores. One of his mates was a Cpl in the Engine Bay who was an LLB(OU)! He resisted all attempts by the bosses to take the Cranwell route. Like you say, he could run academic and intellectual rings round anyone on the unit - especially our newly graduated OC FSF. He done his 12 years and left to take up a research post at uni.

taxydual
5th Jul 2008, 16:03
Well done, FFM.

I'm certain we've all been a kn@b at some stage or other. Very few admit it though.

I can understand you having a few sherbets last night, well done on that count too. It must tug a bit watching her 'leave home' on the start of her new career.

dallas
5th Jul 2008, 17:27
Should think so too FFM, and work on the apostrophes please. There's a good officer.

C130 Techie
5th Jul 2008, 20:33
So we've got to post 14 of this thread and we still don't know what info jsfboat is after (or have I missed something obvious).

Is this heading for the award of most pointless thread ever?

Apostrophes correct I think.