PDA

View Full Version : Airs Technologies Professional Package

Wilko_54
3rd Jul 2008, 03:34
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone owns or knows where I can get a copy of Airs Technologies Professional Package? It’s a software program that interactively instructs you, on a PC, subjects from PPL to IREX. The company no longer produces it. Or if anyone knows of another software package that instructs on these subjects?

Lego man
3rd Jul 2008, 13:17
Hi Wilko 54, check your PM's.

Cheers

aldee
3rd Jul 2008, 18:47
We used the online version at an aero club I am associated with,during a discussion with the proprietor of airs tech. it became apparent the reason for the software becoming available online only was to prevent what you are asking from happening :hmm:
Any copies on cd would be a few years old now.

Wilko_54
4th Jul 2008, 03:34
Hmm I spoke to the operator from their website and they said they no longer produce it at all. If it were available online I'd quite happy to enroll. Any info on how to would be great.

aldee
4th Jul 2008, 18:47
Quite likely Wilko,its been more than a couple of years since I left oz.

It really never took off although I thought the concept was good.

The books work fine and you will find graphics on you-tube or wiki. if you are having trouble visualising things.
Actually there is some excellent video of Vans stall testing an RV on you-tube, interesting watching the tapes indicating the change in airflow as the critical angle is approached.

Good luck.

Wilko_54
5th Jul 2008, 01:17
Ah great thanks Aldee I haven't thought of that. Ill check it out.