PDA

View Full Version : Chances?!?!

Weekend-warrior
2nd Jul 2008, 22:28
So I am sitting at a regional carrier in the United States currently in the bottom 100 in the senority on the RJ. My current time is 1100TT, 400jet glass second in command, 600 PIC (mostly single wiht a bit of multi). Do I stand a chance to get on as an SO out of Hong Kong? I am asking because my risk of being laid off is going up everyday with the price of fuel...Infact I was just told to change my permanant bid to reflect if I would voluntarly forlough myself, which of course I said no. Any help would be much appreciated.

Also what do the typical schedules for an SO look like? 4 on 4 off? 5 on 5 off? what kind of routing is it? Hong Kong-Vancouver-Hong Kong? somethign like that? What are the typical schedules for an FO? 4 on 4 off? what would one expect?

Oh and the last thing I forgot to mention, is that I have the right to work in Canada, United States, or the European Union.

Thanks for your help everyone.

WW

BillytheKid
3rd Jul 2008, 00:51
You don't stand a chance if you don't apply. That said, your time seems a bit low from what CX can get for SO in todays pilot market. But remember, CX doesn't go solely on flt time so give it a shot. Which regional are you at?

Cumguzzler
3rd Jul 2008, 01:47
Mesa sucks

Weekend-warrior
3rd Jul 2008, 03:07
Haha Im not at Mesa thats forsure....