PDA

View Full Version : MP3 to wav?

Binoculars
13th Apr 2001, 17:25
An acquaintance of mine who likes to think of himself as a guru suggested to me in my cups the other night that I could easily transfer my mp3 files on to a CD for play in a normal CD player by simply choosing "convert to" the relevant file type in Real Jukebox.

I got quite excited by this, raced home (eventually) and went looking for a conversion facility; none to be found. Do I need a full paid-for version of Real Jukebox to get this facility ? Is this person, as I have suspected for some time, overrating his knowledge? And lastly, is there in fact a simple way to convert mp3's so I can rip them on to a CD and play them without benefit of an mp3 player?

Go easy on me; word of no more than two syllables would be appreciated. Thanks :)

static
13th Apr 2001, 17:53
Just go to:

www.remixer.com (http://www.remixer.com)

It`s free, it`s great.

Binoculars
13th Apr 2001, 19:17
Thanks, Static! Looking good!

touch&go
13th Apr 2001, 20:53
You can buy some software called Cakewalk Pyro which will convert Mp3 to WAV and also WMA, cost about £35.00

Background Noise
14th Apr 2001, 13:30
MP3 to CD Audio

In Adaptec Easy CD Creator ver 4 which comes with many CDRW drives, in the Create Audio CD bit, you just drag the MP3 files to the CD layout and they are copied as CD audio.

Binoculars
14th Apr 2001, 15:31
You're kidding! I just finished a few CD's using Static's excellent suggestion; you mean I didn't have to do anything all along? :)

I'll try that suggestion next time.

Thanks, guys

spannersatcx
14th Apr 2001, 22:51
Trouble is you didnm't mention you had easy cd creator!

driver 8
15th Apr 2001, 19:24
or is you're using an earlier version of Easy CD Creator then Winamp has an output filter (that come with it) which will write files to disk as a WAV rather than playing them through the soundcard, fast as well.

But I would suggest EasyCD Creator 4 as it saves the hassle