PDA

View Full Version : Saiful's 15 minutes of fame good for Malaysian aviation?

Mat Sabo
1st Jul 2008, 21:18
Mohd Saiful wanted to become a pilot

KOTA BARU: The young man who accused PKR de facto leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim of sodomising him had attended an interview with the Kelantan-based Asia Pacific Flight Training School.
A school spokesman confirmed that the interview took place three months ago and his application to be a trainee pilot was currently under study.
http://thestar.com.my/archives/2008/7/1/nation/n_08centre.jpg Flight training: An aerial view of the flying school which Mohd Saiful applied to.
“The man attended the interview with 82 other applicants,” he said.
The spokesman for the flying school said during the interview, Mohd Saiful did not say that he was Anwar’s aide or that he was a student with an institution of higher learning.
The flying school operates out of the Sultan Ismail Petra airport in Pengkalan Chepa here.

Will the publicity hungry AK boss take this specimen to be a poster boy pilot? The fat Bangla relished his time with CNBC and Bloomberg....so this would be some publicity; any notoriety is good publicity!

WiraMelayu
2nd Jul 2008, 00:51
Unfortunately we do have quite a number of Saifuls amongst our ranks of f/os and wannabes. The gomen scholarships at Uniten down the drain; and the DPM is on record as saying he is looking for another biasiswa!!! Holy cow! My tax ringgit down the jamban again.

Geragau
2nd Jul 2008, 08:04
Ha you won't get many posters lah........most of our Melayu bethren are beholden to mamak and the corrupt gomen for giving them the crumbs called biasiswa Mara which elevated them to the juruterbangs of today lah. Otherwise they will be like what the old mamak said ; Melayu senang lupa! See no evil, hear no evil, say no evil...buka telanjang and get shafted good for the past 39 years since Dasar Ekonomi Baru was promulgated.

babasinkeh
2nd Jul 2008, 08:41
Aiya Geragau, at least he kasi u all geragos bumi status eventhough your nenek moyang were pencoroboh who sacked and looted Malacca! Also the Malaysian Thais whose ancestors sought to kill Sultan Melaka and capture the Malaccan Sultanate were also given bumi status! Incredible! We poor Babas whose ancestors came with Admirals Yin Ching and Cheng Ho to help protect the Malaccan Sultanate have nothing to show for our forefathers' kind magnanimous works, not forgetting we came earlier than the geragos and lanuns. So what do we talk of gratitude that the mamak wants from our present crop of Melayu bethren?:ugh:

Leonardog
3rd Jul 2008, 01:10
Read somewhere that Dr. M categorically stated that 90% of Malaysian taxes ARE PAID BY NON - BUMIs.......so the biasiswas are truly your tax ringgit down the toilet! So sorrylah Wira, you must be amongst the 10% of unlucky or bodoh to see your good ringgit going in counter clockwise ( Coriolis effect? ) down the commode.

Baba.....Melayu senang lupa dan tidak berbudi lah. True the Ming Chinese protected the Malaccan Sultanate from the Thais in return for some paltry golden gift to the then " Tai Ko ", Emperor Yung Lo. Ya, but once the " boh lan " eunuchs ( they deserved to be liwat ed, sic! ) in the Ming court decided to turn China into " isolationist ", then the geragaus and orang putihs had a field day plundering the Malay Peninsula. Then the Bugis lanuns came and they even launched themselves as the Malay royalty.......go figure!! Those lanuns camee in the 1700s but they make up most of the Malay royalty saved for the Minangkabaus of Negri Sembilan. So our beloved Tanah Air is a land of ex lanuns; you do not expect hutang budi to be paid by ex lanuns, do you?

JaguhDunia
3rd Jul 2008, 04:39
Leo.....what you posted bordered on sedition. Many of the Malaysian royals have ties with Makasar and a Bugis past but not all were pirates! The Minangs survived well because of their matriachal system.

handsome one
4th Jul 2008, 06:44
NO worries saiful Air asia will take him anyone can fly rite!!

salahbensilap
4th Jul 2008, 18:19
Well, the powers that be can get him a scholarship to learn flying or get Ak to sponsor him. Wow, a college dropout because of poor grades can get to fly on a scholarship....that will be the epitome of meritocracy in bolehland.:{:{:{

Mat Tongkang
6th Jul 2008, 18:41
Alas, 80% of Malaysian pilots are produced by the MARA sponsorship system.........hence the present " malaise " in Malaysian aviation!

ssangyongs
8th Jul 2008, 18:01
be careful guys, najib's aide on pprune is here to delete your post. Mine got 2 deleted because i posted few details about this saiful, actually knew him during my Uniten days. TO the coward please just come and confront me, dont hide behind najib's arse who farts ringgit note

mascamel
9th Jul 2008, 21:13
Here is some news to cheer the Ak boys up unless they are so engrossed with the liwat meliwat crap back in bolehland.

News from Asahi Shimbun...

Malaysian budget airline AirAsia to serve JapanEmerging low-cost carrier AirAsia Berhad plans to fly to Japan from as early as March 2009, with airfares at prices half those offered by major airlines.

The Malaysia-based group, which carries 15 million passengers a year--mainly between Kuala Lumpur and destinations in Indonesia and Thailand--is considering Shizuoka, Chubu, Fukuoka and New Chitose airports as a base for its AirAsia X long-haul service.(

Source: Asahi Shimbun
www.asahi.com/english/Herald-asahi/TKY200807080125.html (http://www.asahi.com/english/Herald-asahi/TKY200807080125.html)

Maybe they need more pilots to help launch this service successfully.

James' Bro
9th Jul 2008, 23:51
"Maybe they need more pilots to help launch this service successfully"

.....but where are the planes ? Tak-kan they use the mini-bus for 7 hours with tech stop half way !

WiraMelayu
10th Jul 2008, 19:58
Why not? It's a LCC, so maybe a hop to KHH and then onwards to Japan. Or operate thru' BKK, KCH then via MNL, TPE/KHH, etc. Hey, bas mini punya style lah!

MasMamak
17th Jul 2008, 10:49
A malaysian minibas operations makes sense........cheap travel comes at a price, the stops and hops will make sound business sense in AK type of operation.

Brianigham
21st Jul 2008, 13:19
Mat Tongkang: Be fair la!

Just because a pilot was sponsored by MARA, does not make him substandard.
Just because a bloke spent every cent of his life savings to get him a licence, (because he wasn't from the correct "background") does not make him a "standards pilot" as well.
I am sure we have seen great standards from all different "origins" (if you like).

veloo maniam
21st Jul 2008, 13:35
2008 is my 34th year in ATC.I have another 6 to go.In all these years I have yet to see sub standard pilots from Malaysia.I have a high respect for pilots whether u are from MH,AK,RMAF,POLICE or other organisations.U guys are a special breed.Count your blessings as God as ordained even before u were formed in your mothers womb.Like me, learn how to respect the standards that each one of you are performing on a daily basis.May God Almighty mould u guys to carry on with your dreams.Be a blessing to your fellow brethren folks. It started at Kitty Hawk, let's continue with that dream for the next generation:ok:

Fair.Pilot
21st Jul 2008, 14:13
Well said Veloo!

Who are we, the human? We're nothing except mist, that'll disappear in a while......