PDA

View Full Version : Fairey Swordfish Mk.II LS326

Indefatigable
1st Jul 2008, 19:30
Following extensive work to her wings, the Royal Navy Historic Flight Fairey Swordfish Mk.II LS326 flew this afternoon at RNAS Yeovilton for the first time in 9 years. Well done RNHF, it was great to see her airborne again. :D

Hopefully she will soon be back on the display circuit, starting with RNAS Yeovilon Air Day this Saturday, 5 July 2008.

treadigraph
1st Jul 2008, 19:42
Hurrah, seems ages since I've seen a Swordfish at a show. :ok:

How is her sister doing - and isn't there a third being rebuilt or did I dream it?

S'land
2nd Jul 2008, 14:24
Very pleased to hear that the Stringbag is flying again.I remember as a child, about a million years ago, seeing the film about sinking the Bismark. I was very impressed that what was, even then, such an old fashioned aircraft could be responsible for such damage. I was even more impressed when my parents took me to see a real live Swordfish a few weeks later. When I was in my teens I remember asking my father why they had taken me to see the live aircraft. His reply was "that it was the only way to stop me asking questions about her that he did not know the answers to".

A truly beautiful aeroplane.