PDA

View Full Version : SUPP DATA BASE for B737 FMC U5.0

737incognito
1st Jul 2008, 09:00
Does anybody know how one can check which airpots/navaids are in supp data base of FMC (U5.0) or how can one delete one or all inserted airports/navaids. Remember you dont know what previous crews have inserted over a period.
thanks

Rainboe
1st Jul 2008, 09:08
On our sets, I think the SUPP database gets erased on landing or shutdown. You can erase the SUPP database by:
type SUPP in scratchpad
Press 1R - Nav Data
Enter date in boxes
This clears it to allow you to enter data.

CaptainSandL
1st Jul 2008, 21:02
Rainboe, it is the TEMP nav database that gets automatically deleted after flight – hence the name; the SUPP database will remain.

To delete the SUPP database: From INIT/REF type SUPP in the scratchpad and then line select NAV DATA>. You should now be on the SUPP NAV DATA page, line 6R has a prompt DELETE ALL SUPP DATA> which will do the trick. Note that this is only available before you have entered an origin airport.

S&L

Rainboe
1st Jul 2008, 21:33
Of course- quite right! Is it the SUPP database you delete by entering today's date in the Nav Data section? I was often having to enter special data each time I did a flight to a particular destination in the same plane (think Simon Mann!). I wondered why it was never retained.

FMC OVERHEAT
2nd Jul 2008, 18:56
CaptainSandL got it right.

You have to make sure not to enter origin airport in POS page otherwise you can only get the Delete all SUPP data prompt in LSK 6R if you can switch off all IRS's and all electrical power and do the same procedure all over.

As a last resort, check the A/C journey log and look for an airport which you 'suspect' has been added as a newly created airport, go to SUPP NAV DATA page, put the ICAO 4 letter code in, select delete and EXEC. That's it! :ugh:

Now a question for everybody, would you create a new airport in the REF database or the SUPP database?

I personaly prefer to create the airport in REF database, and once I am there the airport will be deleted. If I mess up, I am sure I will NOT induce other people in the same sh*t as me. Opinions? :cool:

Rainboe
2nd Jul 2008, 19:11
But if you survive it, they will survive it too, so better to put it in the permanent database? I found it a bit irritating going to the same obscure pair of African airfields with no approach aids, just reference positions, and having to enter the same data each time before departure, prone each time to erroneous entry. Rather a clumsy area of FMS control I thought.

Capt Chambo
3rd Jul 2008, 05:41
One option you can do to see if a waypoint is in the SUPP NAV DATABASE is to go to MAP mode, wind the range down to 40nm and hit the waypoint button on your EHSI/ND controller. All the waypoints in the databases (fixed, SUPP, and temp) will be displayed. Chose one you like and live happily ever after! Alternatively you can pay for update 10.7 and all the waypoints in the SUPP and TEMP Nav databases are there.;)

Rainboe
3rd Jul 2008, 19:04
This facet of FMS operation is definitely a bit of a black art! We did have 10.7 on the NG, however I am just on the 757 now, and I have no idea what the fit is- it does seem to be backwards about 20 years in technology!

Still can't bloody cross my legs though. I hate those Airboos boys for being able to!