PDA

View Full Version : salary

mdijana
1st Jul 2008, 05:58
hello, I'm ATCO and I'm interested to work in South Africa air traffic control (ATNS). Does anyone know how much one ATCO can earn in ATNS per month or year??
Thanks in advance

Propellerpilot
1st Jul 2008, 06:29
Sorry can't give an answer to your question. However here is a TIP: check your grammar as high English proficiency would certainly be required for a career at ATNS. Even though this is a forum, you might want to avoid showing such a standard in conjunction with your question.;)

mdijana
1st Jul 2008, 06:38
Thank you for your tip, but i am not native english speaker and level of my english language is high enough to work as ATCO by ICAO standards. If instructors in IANS, Luxembourg did not complain than you should not also!!!!

Propellerpilot
1st Jul 2008, 07:12
My post above was not meant as a complaint nor was it meant to offend you in any sort of way. It was meant to avoid misjudgement of your professionalism. Compris?

TUBALCAIN
1st Jul 2008, 07:21
well said mdijana, unfortunately we have a few sad and arrogant souls here in SA.

oompilot
1st Jul 2008, 08:03
I agree with Propellerpilot. If his job is to be verbal communication one would assume that it is better than we see above. Many accidents have been caused by bad comm’s.

saywhat
1st Jul 2008, 08:46
OOmpilot & propdoos. You guys are such pricks. Airlines throughout the world operate to countries where "england" is not the first language. In fact, I'm prepared to bet that at least one of you is Afrikaans (with a name like Oompilot). No offence intended, just trying to illustrate that there are not many SA citizens that have English as a first language.

ICAO English can be spoken by anyone.......

Perhaps you should apologise to the person concerned in his own language......Ooooh, I forgot you guys are so f%*ing brilliant - you can't speak another language.

Morons....

It was a legitimate question that just required a legitimate answer....

Propellerpilot
1st Jul 2008, 09:59
Some people are obviously not able to read and understand although they are native english speakers.

I appologize only for giving advice that was not sought. However in a working environment such as ATNS, which is a South African company, they will conduct their operations in English. It is not only about controlling air traffic. How is somebody, who can not even formulate one sentence correctly going to write a report or communicate with the organization in a formal manner ?

I think it is just realistic and it is not to con anybody. Saywhat and TUBALCAIN - GROW UP - before calling someone arrogant, sad or a moron and being insulting, it would help understanding that no insult or malice was mentioned on my part or oompilot. How about presenting a counterargument with facts? And saywhat since you mentioned it: I am multilingual and neither Afrikaans nor English are my first languages.

It would really be interesting from someone who actually knows what ATNS would expect from a candidate. Maybe I was not clear - but it would surly help our friend in his interview or screenings, if he has aspirations to work in South Africa, not to underestimate what is expected by the company itself. He might be a fantastic controller, but what would it help if his normal standard of communicating in English does not satisfy and will disqualify him from getting a job in the first place ?

Lastly: I am just voicing an opinion here. And I still think the English in his posts is embarrasingly POOR. There you have it. Enough said.

1st Jul 2008, 10:32
So many replies to the poor guy's post and zero help. Maybe the post would've been more appropriate in the ATC section and our non-english speaker would've gotten some help there.

Zdravo mdijana

Check here. (http://www.pprune.org/forums/atc-issues/293563-south-africa.html) The info on that thread is a little old but still accurate as far as salaries go. For further info, try the search function at the top of the screen.

mdijana
1st Jul 2008, 11:15
Thank you 126.7. HVALA.:ok:

And thanks for "TIPS".

SINGAPURCANAC
1st Jul 2008, 11:41
@properpilot,
If you read any single book in your life you would know that Dijana is not HE. SHE is more precise.:E

Rawrawhammer
1st Jul 2008, 13:38
sa srecom mdijana..
neslusaj ove majmune :ok:

SINGAPURCANAC
1st Jul 2008, 15:21
@Rawrawhammer,
Opa bato!:ok:Nek' si im rekao!
Puno pozdrava

oompilot
1st Jul 2008, 15:29
All of you who disagree should read the thread “you know you in Africa when’. There you would see what mayhem is caused by controllers with poor English dialect. To simply bark out a few ICAO standard phrases and not comprehend the language and therefore certain non standard requests and then think one is doing a good job is a tad distressing.:sad:

jyotipgayan
2nd Jul 2008, 20:31
hey! written like a true captain..kudos

saywhat
2nd Jul 2008, 21:08
OOm-pilik. The poor controlling in Africa has more to do with incompetence than the use of the English tongue....

The controlling in Europe is of a very high standard, yet more often that not the controllers there speak with an accent that is sometimes not that easy to understand. ICAO English is used, and the words "say again" are not often used.

Bucket
3rd Jul 2008, 00:42
I can like to wear a jean pant...

lol777
3rd Jul 2008, 06:56
It is such a pitty that South Africans are like this. I agree, give the guy a answer and let ATNS decide if he can or can't do the job. And that my friends is our biggest down fall in life. Some of us want to help poeple and share the amazing life we have in aviation, and some of us think you need a South African ATPL to fly the space shuttle. Because its the best in the world. If you can pass those subjects you are the man. Maybe tell her if she can pass the SA ATP or COMM subjects she will be great. No matter what her controlling skills are like or the guys flying skills. Europe and the States are even trying to have our standard of aviation. They control more planes in a day there than we do in a week. And in SA if there is more than 2 planes in the air everyone else enters the hold. But all the guys saying just be nice, sorry guys you cant say that to the best pilots in the world what is wrong with you. hahahaha

Lets all stand together for a change poeple and stop fighting each other