PDA

View Full Version : So long sand pit!

ShockWave
1st Jul 2008, 04:25
Well, the removal guys will be arriving shortly and the end of my sand pit adventure will be realized.

In reflection, my time here with EK has been more demanding, challenging and professionally fulfilling than any of my previous career or lifestyle choices. The same has also been true for my wife and in general my kids too have enjoyed the experience.
It is simply time for us to go home and spend more time with family. Take on some new challenges and a reality check in the real world for better or worse.

In the end there are just to many guys I've flown and trained with over the years who were inspirational, thoroughly professional and a pleasure to work with to remember and say thanks personally.

THANK YOU! for helping me to achieve all that I have and to make my time here as enjoyable as it has been.

Don't let the bastards ever get you down! and enjoy the rest of your time in the Gulf for however long it may be.

Hopefully our paths will cross again sometime.

CHEERS!

S.W.

greendotspeed
1st Jul 2008, 10:20
Good bye and best wishes to you and your family :D.

Mister Warning
1st Jul 2008, 11:10
Is that you Stu?
All the best mate it was a pleasure knowing you.
Is there more flying to be done or are you changing tacks?

Wiley
1st Jul 2008, 12:23
Wish I'd been in town to help you empty the liquor cabinet, Stu... if that's who you are.

P.Clostermann
1st Jul 2008, 12:53
It is nice for a change to see somebody leaving this place ( area) in a good mood, with a positive hindsight!

Good luck to you mate, whoever you are!

One thing....most of us worry a lot about what could be next after we leave this place full of petrodollars and shiny new airplanes.

Will you continue flying?

Take care,

Pierre

saywhat
1st Jul 2008, 13:54
I'm arriving soon......Can I have your house??:ok::O

I must say, how refreshing to hear from someone who is not sour.

Smirnoff N21
1st Jul 2008, 19:40
saywhat, tell you what you can have mine as well no problems. I concur with ShockWave it's a boost to one's professional life over here but all good has to come to the an end. Take care folks at QR and goodbye all the best and god bless you all.
Take this one personally and on the rocks!!!:ok:

Mat Sabo
1st Jul 2008, 22:42
Best wishes & Godspeed.

ShockWave
4th Jul 2008, 03:24
Sorry guys, not much net time, while dodging boxes.

Contract flying out of OZ is the plan after a few months of settling Sundowner into her new home(the yacht) not the wife.

Also exploring other options in Adelaide other than line flying, the uncertainty is what is interesting. I can always send the wife out to work and go sailing and fishing. Hmmm!

Cheers Stew.

CorporalGlideFoot
4th Jul 2008, 04:38
Mate had a 404 with you recently. You saw your folks on the trip in Melb. Great to see you are moving on happily. Best of luck down there and also with the next chapter in your life.
More rum and less coke please!

ShockWave
4th Jul 2008, 07:36
Hey, I remember watching your moves on the dance floor at insomnia!
Cheers.

camber
4th Jul 2008, 08:28
Stu,

I did some of your training on the A310 when you first joined, and has always been a pleasure to see your progression through to Command. Sorry I was unable to attend your farewell. Look forward to seeing you back home. All the very best to you and your family, sorry to see you go.

Best regards,

Camber

Will ph/email when I get back to Dubai.

The Real Pink Baron
4th Jul 2008, 08:51
Hey Shockwave,
I am sailing not far behind you.
You still haven’t sent me your contact details!
Also leaving with a lot of good memories (more on this when I have time) great guys to have had the honour to work with, pilots, engineers, doctors, dentists, HR, crew control, in fact all the staff except the management!( the reason a lot of us are leaving!)
PM me.
The Pink Baron.

777-200LR
4th Jul 2008, 18:30
I agree with saywhat, its really nice to here something that's positive for a change. I'm still happy hear and know that there will be a day to pack up shop and move on, but not yet...not yet ( FILM : 'The Gladiator' )

ShockWave
5th Jul 2008, 09:45
Hey Camber,
that A310 course was without doubt the toughest transition I have ever had to do. Boeing to A310 was like having to undergo a frontal lobotomy and learn a new language at the same time. You must have been bloody good at your job to get me through it! Thanks.

Cheers Stew.