PDA

View Full Version : Integrated CPL/IR Vs Integrated ATPL

insomniac_32
1st Jul 2008, 02:43
Hi guys. Could someone tell me the difference between an integrated CPL/IR and an integrated ATPL course from the point of view of gettig a job afterwards? I ask because the course Im on has recently lost its status as an integrated ATPL course due to the lack of an approved sim for the MCC :ugh: (althought a new sim is currently awaiting approval from the CAA), and is now listed as integrated CPL/IR. This issue has the lot of us on the course a bit concerned, and the management are being a bit indifferent; as if its not a big deal. Just wondering what you think!? :confused:

Adios
1st Jul 2008, 08:09
It's probably not a big deal unless the quality of their training slips. CTC is also listed as Integrated CPL. It sounds like a rather temporary issue anyway.

sicky
1st Jul 2008, 22:19
is the difference not just that - an mcc?

I'm pretty sure a cpl/ir is just that, a cpl/ir, and that an ATPL includes an mcc.

I could be wrong but it would make sense...

Lima288
1st Jul 2008, 23:07
I don't think you should worry too much if the mcc is the only item that has been taken off the menu. The main thing with an integrated ATPL or CPL/IR is the training route "ab-initio" - you don't have to get a PPL issued, the training is integrated from the start so you do your flying and theory moving you towards the CPL and then ME/IR, all with the same training provider. Where you do your MCC course really won't matter too much, so long as it is a reputable provider, but you do need this for the fATPL.