PDA

View Full Version : New Immigration Rules at EGCC

Swatters
30th Jun 2008, 22:48
I have been told today that the days of GA pax arriving from outside of the UK into EGCC without being checked by immigration are over.
With Immediate effect all arriving pax will have to have their passports presented for inspection at immigration via the handling agent and in some cases in person accompanied by the handling agent. All the pre-clearance approval has been abolished.

Has anyone heard of this elsewhere around the UK ??

Before anyone yells "it's about time too" !! Thats not what the thread is about....... I am just curious if this is a sweeping change throughout UK due to the Lord Carlile report or if Manchester are trialling it.

redsnail
1st Jul 2008, 11:17
This has been happening at the various London airports for a while now.

scrivenger
2nd Jul 2008, 08:29
It appears to be the case.....a real problem if your operating into EGCC with the terminal layout. Immigration just tend to see passengers, not what type of aircraft they are flying on!! Don't think its unreasonable personally.

Swatters
2nd Jul 2008, 14:50
It isn't unreasonable at all that immigration should want to see passports.

From what I have been told by the handling guys, the immigration staff over at the terminal allow the passports to be presented via the "staff channel", so they are fast-tracked and given priority over the queueing holiday makers etc... Probably looking at a 20/30 minute process from collecting/returning the passports.