PDA

View Full Version : FAA ATP with A320 TR to JAA ATPL

NineInchSnail
30th Jun 2008, 20:48
Hi Folks,

I am a French citizen currently flying the 320 in the US. The situation here is cr@p and i would like to come back and work in Europe. I hold an FAA ATP with a 320 Type rating.

I know that i have to do the 14 written exams and then take a sim test on the 320 to get my conversion done. Now the only thing I am wondering is what would be the best value for such a conversion.

I know everything about UK TRTO since i could do the written here in the US with a CAA approved groundschool, but the total package ends up being fairly pricey. Would it be a better idea to do the whole conversion (written+sim test) in another country where it could be cheaper like Spain or portugal......etc

I would appreciate any good info from people who did the same thing and if you want to reccomend a specific place do not hesitate to PM me.

Thanks

IRISHinUS
11th Jul 2008, 19:41
Good question. Just wondering the same thing. Did you get any info? I assume you would not need to do ground school for the 14 exams as you would probably have the 1500 hours multi-pilot.

spearomic
13th Jul 2008, 18:21
anyone any advise ?

jeyjey
31st Oct 2008, 08:01
Hello,
I'm in the same situation, but with an FAA CE500 series rating. I have all together for the JAA ticket beside the skill test. I wonder if there are any other JAA countries offring the UK / CAA path as well for the convertion. The CAA and the UK TRTO are very expensive, but unfortunately I dont now any alternatives.
Any advice welcom! Cheers