PDA

View Full Version : FS2K Pro - HSI/RMI ?

cool blue
23rd Mar 2002, 19:34
I understand that Microsofts' Flight Simulator 2000 Professional Edition has a dedicated IFR Trainer. I'd appreciate feedback [from anyone with an IR] to know how realistic it is, for example does the ADF 'dip' when turning etc?. .Does it have a proper HSI & RMI [ie with two needles that are fully switchable VOR&lt;&gt;ADF]? Is the screen detail really large enough to see which radial you're on etc ? Any ideas where I could see a screen shot of the IFR panel ?. .Thanks. .CB. . . . <small>[ 23 March 2002, 15:38: Message edited by: cool blue ]</small>

Tinstaafl
24th Mar 2002, 00:50
My belief is that it's better to learn your ADF skills on a fixed card, not RMI.. .. .It's far, far easier to switch from a fixed card to RMI, than it is to learn on an RMI & then have to use a fixed card.

cool blue
24th Mar 2002, 04:48
Tinstaafl - thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I'm still none the wiser about FS2K Pro!. .CB

BayAreaLondoner
24th Mar 2002, 10:52
CB,. .. .I made a screenshot of the C172SP IFR panel from FS2002 for you. Got an email address to which I can send it? Mine is in my profile.. .Concerning switching needles, it all depends on the aircraft. Each aircraft has a standard panel with the various gauges. As far as I can see, the default C172 panels have a rotating card ADF and no HSI. The Mooney has an HSI, but no ADF. Now, I'm sure I've seen HSIs on some of the aircraft that do have switchable sources for the needles, but these may have been third party (i.e. downloaded aircraft).. .Compass errors during turns are modeled. I haven't seen the ADF needle doing anything during turns other than point to the NDB.. . . . <small>[ 24 March 2002, 07:02: Message edited by: BayAreaLondoner ]</small>