PDA

View Full Version : Danny, get your act together (pprune e-mail)

Portly
12th Apr 2001, 03:01
Come on Danny,

You ask us to switch to pprune mail accounts, then you ban them from registration.......

What's going on???

(and it had better be good....) http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

Raw Data
12th Apr 2001, 03:09
Talk about lighting the blue touchpaper... ;)

LowNSlow
12th Apr 2001, 03:37
And we get blown out of chat

mriya225
12th Apr 2001, 03:45
Hello Danny

No, no--I have no complaints. I just couldn't pass the opportunity to pop in and give you my best. :)

------------------
"You screw up, just this much; you'll be flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog-sh*t outta Hong Kong"!

Capt PPRuNe
12th Apr 2001, 08:23
Portly... get your own act together! :mad:

The only reason you will get a 'banned' message when registering a pilot.pprune.com email address is IF YOU ENTER ANY OTHER VERSION OF THAT ADDRESS.

Typical mistakes are: [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected].

Now feel free to go back and try and register your address a bit more carefully this time and you will no doubt see that I haven't banned such addresses but only set up a system to stop careless people registering their address incorrectly and so never receiving their passwords. :rolleyes:

This and any future 'complaint' of this nature will be in the Computer and Internet Issues forum.

------------------
Capt PPRuNe
aka Danny Fyne
The Professional Pilots RUmour NEtwork

lame
12th Apr 2001, 08:57
Unless you have changed it, when I registered all you had to do was put in the name you wanted, the rest was there, surely nobody could mess that up?

CaptSensible
12th Apr 2001, 22:10
You'd be surprised just how many people can't (won't?) read a simple set of instructions. Believe me, I know!

InFinRetirement
13th Apr 2001, 00:26
Your'e lucky LnS, I can't get into chat. Well I did once. But it appears I have a Java corruption, well that's what a little log says.

Anyone any ideas on that?