PDA

View Full Version : ATPL theory breakdown?

mb2ai
30th Jun 2008, 13:24
Hi
Does anyone know where I can find a breakdown of the structure of ATPL examinations, ie how many questions on propellors in POF, how many on transonic, how many on supersonic?
Its all very well hammering the feedback, but theres like 1100 questions for met, and I dont reckon that they are in the same proportion in the QB. You know why practice forever on one concept when 99% of the exam may be another...

Thanks for your help dudes and dudets.

Shunter
30th Jun 2008, 14:44
It all depends on which paper you get. Impossible to say. Some have loads of questions on 1 subject, some none. For example I got battered with conical chart questions 1 month in a nav exam, then was told by a friend next month that his exam had none! Also, when I did my met exam I never once had to touch my calculator. Just the luck of the draw.

So I'm sorry to say there's no such breakdown.

HappyFran
30th Jun 2008, 14:56
Afraid I have to agree with Shunter.
I was told (probably only gossip) that the exams questions are derived from a random selection from there question bank,(very very similar,but not! Bristol) which is periodically amended/updated.

Got my final 7 in 1 week :eek::eek:. The 1st 7 seem to comply with above logic.

Good Luck :)

acuba 290
30th Jun 2008, 19:32
for example in last gen nav exam was some polar stereographic and grid navigation questions, but it was no any of this type over half year before that, now several of them came up in one exam, so you never know...
also last met exam was with 17 attachements ;)