PDA

View Full Version : Camera and accessories in the cockpit

Jumbo744
30th Jun 2008, 11:34
Hello,

I would like to film my first solo and some other flights during my training. I would like to know what kind of cameras you guys use and how do you get it fixed in the cockpit so that I don't have to hold it while I fly :}

Also any idea on how to record communications?

Thanks

Saab Dastard
30th Jun 2008, 12:05
I would like to film my first solo

Much safer to have someone with you on your first solo to operate the camera...:p

Ask your instructor for suggestions about mounting a camera - and ask also in the Private Flying forum.

You really don't want anything that will distract you from your primary task of flying, so bear that in mind when working out a solution. Lovely in-cockpit footage of your crash is not what you want to end up with.

SD

oldbeefer
30th Jun 2008, 12:17
A student did that and was chopped when the staff found out! Also not a good idea to fix gash bits of kit into aircraft.

Jumbo744
30th Jun 2008, 12:57
LOL :)
OK, I will ask my instructor first if he autorises me and how to do it.

Thanks

Islander Jock
1st Jul 2008, 10:29
I'm sure your instructor will be more concerned about your watching your airspeed, altitude, power settings, listening out on radio, keeping a good lookout etc etc etc, rather than worrying if your Sony handicam is recording properly. Plenty of time for show-and-tell videos down the track.