PDA

View Full Version : CPL Application

planeshipcar
30th Jun 2008, 10:50
What is the proceedure if you have lost your log book and the flying school where you completed your ppl and hours has been lost, and to top things off the school where yu completed this has now been closed?

geordiejet
30th Jun 2008, 13:55
I think you need to get an affidavit (or something like that) in which you declare your hours, and swear that it is true to the best of your knowledge. I believe it is prepared by a solicitor and signed by you with a witness.

You could try tracking down the ex school owners - they may have some details or reciepts of past students. Ask in here or "Where are they Now". I'm sure someone will know them.

You might want to call the CAA on this one and get them to clarify and tell you what needs to be done - it takes a while for them to answer the emails so call them, I'm sure someone down there will be able to assist you.

boogie-nicey
30th Jun 2008, 15:57
Happened to me back in January 2000 and I needed to get a JAA PPL at the time so got an affidavit prepared by a solicitor and sent it into the CAA. They found it acceptable and I got my PPL at the time. However it's a right pain getting it all done and endeavouring to go back and get as much evidence of your training activity as possible. I did this as a further backup factor to the affidavit to help prove I was genuine and had nothing whatsoever to hide.