PDA

View Full Version : UAE Non Based Rosters/Rotations

BBCapt
29th Jun 2008, 13:22
Greetings all,

doing a bit of research, what are the current rosters/rotations non based flight deck crew are getting from quality UAE operators. ie 6 weeks on/4 off etc, esp 'heavy' kit eg GV/550 Global.....

Any input gratefully received - if its' already been covered in a previous thread that I might have missed in my search, point me in the right direction please!

Thanks in advance Guys :)

Wiley
29th Jun 2008, 20:33
Judging by your question, can we assume you're very, very early in your research? With the exception of Saudia, (who I don't think are employing new start expats at the moment), I think the answer to your question is: nada.

typhoonpilot
30th Jun 2008, 00:30
He's asking about corporate Wiley.

The answer is 30/30 in some cases. I know a guy on a Challenger doing just that.

TP

Wiley
30th Jun 2008, 01:49
My apologies, BBCapt. RTFQ has never been my strong suite.

In my defence, (note the 'c' - I'm not from North America), an awful lot of people hoping to pick up a quick job in the Sandpit to cover their furlough time seem to be under the impression that offshore rosters or something like them might be do-able with one of the Gulf region majors.

Would that it was so, but unfortunately, to date, it definitely ain't - (edited to say, thanks to Mutt's post below), except from the Magic Kingdom.

mutt
30th Jun 2008, 05:37
(who I don't think are employing new start expats at the moment) Oh yes they are...... :):) Interviews in Cairo all next week.

They still offer 6 days off per month with confirmed ticket on their route structure.

Mutt

BBCapt
30th Jun 2008, 11:47
Thanks Gentlemen!

Rest assured I'm not looking to cover any furlough or 'hols' from an airline, I'm a full time corporate driver just looking for somewhere with the opportunity to get 'home' once in a while when off duty from sandyland.

Keep smiling.