PDA

View Full Version : windows xp and outlook 2000 rules

mfuller_uk
20th Mar 2002, 16:37
I have just upgraded from windows 98 to XP pro. However now whenever i use outlook 98 and download my email from the server it says that there was an error processing the rules that i have set up to move specific mail to different folders. Anyone know why this is happening and how i can get my rules working again.. .. .Michael Fuller PAFP

FL310
21st Mar 2002, 03:53
In the header you mention Outlook 2000 and in the text you mention outlook 98.... .. .I assume that with the transfer your rules have been made void as the folders you are transferring to are now at a different location.. .You will have to delete the rules and set them up new.. .Do this step by step, first delete one and set it up new, test it on the first one.. .. .I am very much convinced this will solve your problem....XP, a different world.

mfuller_uk
21st Mar 2002, 13:27
Sorry must have just been a 'typo i meant to put outlook 2000!!. .. .I must remember to check

mfuller_uk
21st Mar 2002, 13:30
Thnaks for that bit of advice, i dont know why i didn't think of that. I will try it!

mfuller_uk
21st Mar 2002, 17:32
Thanks again for the advice, just tried it and it works 'a treat'. I am just realising that indeed 'XP is a different world'. .. .Michael Fuller

What_does_this_button_do?
24th Mar 2002, 22:12
Be aware of a bug in OL2000, the rules import but the folder/destination of your messages are blank, just need to re-specify.