PDA

View Full Version : Parc/iac/hacs Gridlock???

NewYawk
27th Jun 2008, 03:37
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I would like to know, what potential ramifications exist, if one were to apply for an identical job posting at PARC Aviation, IACGlobal, and Crew Resources Worldwide? I wish you all a very pleasant day!!! NewYawk :O

VRSCSE2
27th Jun 2008, 04:23
Apply to everyone and see who has the best deal!

vrsc

Zurg
27th Jun 2008, 08:29
Deal with them all to start with - you'd be surprised how much the same job can vary depending on the agency.
At the end though you'll have to choose one to forward your application to the airline.

Seil Knisaw
27th Jun 2008, 20:33
Yes, apply to them all and take the deal that is best for you.

Maori
28th Jun 2008, 04:30
I personally don't know what would happen if you applied to all three contractors for the same airline... however here is the basic langauge of the consent form that you are asked to sign before any of the contractor's deal with you.

LETTER OF CONSENT
FOR A POSITION WITH SKYMARK & IAC PACIFIC LIMITED
I hereby seek a position with Skymark Airlines (SKY) and authorise and appoint IAC Pacific Limited to make representation to SKY on my behalf.
On successful completion of pre-engagement checks, it is my intention to operate on dedicated service for SKY through IAC Pacific Limited.

The consent form doesn't stipulate any penalty, and I do know a mate who applied to SKYMARK using both IAC and HACS. HACS was able to secure him an interview before IAC so he went with HACS. Now, whether or not IAC will ever represent this chap again is unknown. I would assume that having gotten his position with SKYMARK through HACS he doesn't quite care if IAC ever represents him again but that's his decision. So, yes it is possible to have 3 contractors helping you to secure an interview however you will need to decide which one will represent you in the end. Remember you are not an employee of the airline but of the contractor representing the airline.

If it's any help, what I've done is have one contractor represent me for KAL, one represent me for SKYMARK/ANA and another represent me for JALXpress. Each contractor has done well in securing for me interviews with these airlines. As for variation in packages offered by the contractors, that's hard to say since the packages are actually what is offered by the Airline. For example, my mate who is going to SKYMARK through HACS showed me his precis which was identical to the one I received from IAC... the only true difference that I've seen is in the payroll. HACS if you are living in the USA provide a direct deposit without any wiring of funds, whilst IAC and PARC (again, assuming you are living in the USA) will wire your funds anywhere you want however there is a slight delay in bank clearance. Like you, I am very new to this whole contract flying so my advice is second hand from what I have been told by the contractors that I've spoken with.

crj705
28th Jun 2008, 07:43
When I applied to come to Japan I first applied to HACS and they said no thanks and try again next year. I sent my stuff to Parc the next day and had an interview shortly thereafter followed by a job offer. Choosing the right contract company can really make a big difference in the job, so shop around and find the right one for you.

NewYawk
1st Jul 2008, 16:59
To All The Good Folks at PPRUNE,

I got the call for an interview with JP Express. I will be in Tokyo 28 July. Wish me luck. I am going to need it. Any words of wisdom would be honored.

Respectfully,

NewYawk:ok: