PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Express problems with mail

richardpw
7th Apr 2001, 20:44
Until Yesterday I was using Internet Explorer/Outlook Express 5.5. I then downloaded Internet Explorer 6 Beta, and kept getting about 70% of my e-mails arrive with no subject title (even though they did have a subject when opening them to read,) messing up my filtering system

I reinstalled IE 5.5 but the problem still exists- is it a problem with the e-mail address I am using, the sender or something else?

spannersatcx
8th Apr 2001, 10:53
Ah the beauties of Beta testing! Did you read the preamble before downloading it,

Important This is beta software, distributed for feedback and testing purposes. Microsoft does not provide technical support for beta products. This software is for advanced users who regularly test pre-released software. If you are unsure of whether this accurately describes you, Microsoft recommends that you do NOT download this software. If you choose to install this software, Microsoft recommends that you install it in a test environment and not on a primary computer or operating system.

You may have to back up format C and reinstall Windows, sorry.

How to Uninstall Internet Explorer 6.0
Use the following steps to uninstall Internet Explorer 6.0 from a computer that is running Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition, Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, Microsoft Windows 2000, or Microsoft Windows Me.

NOTE: You must have administrative privileges to install and uninstall Internet Explorer 6.0 in Windows NT and Windows 2000. This includes having administrative privileges the first time you start your computer after you install or uninstall Internet Explorer 6.0.
Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add/Remove Programs.

On the Install/Uninstall tab, click Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 and Internet Tools in the list of installed programs, and then click Add/Remove.

NOTE: If Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 and Internet Tools is missing from the list of installed programs, run Setup.exe from your "Internet Explorer\Setup" folder. If you are running Windows 2000, run the w2kexcp.exe /u command from your "Internet Explorer\IE Uninstall" folder.

Click Restore the previous Windows configuration (or click Advanced to specify any additional components you want to remove), and then click OK.

The Internet Explorer 6 and Internet Tools Setup dialog box appears. This portion of Setup is referred to as Maintenance mode. When Setup starts, click OK to restore the previous version of Internet Explorer and shared components.

You are prompted to verify that you want to restore the previous version. Click Yes to start the uninstallation process. When the uninstallation process finishes, click Restart Windows when you are prompted to do so.

[This message has been edited by spannersatcx (edited 08 April 2001).]