PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Blue Recruitment

star101
26th Jun 2008, 10:06
Just wondering if anyone has been offered a VB interview lately? if so any idea what aircraft and base will be on offer?

MyAngle
27th Jun 2008, 03:17
Star101,

Yes, I'm led to believe 12 applicants were just interviewed in June.
As to which aircraft type and base to be offered, that info is not advised until after the interview in the follow up phone call offer of employment(provided you are successful)

Have any of those interviewed in June intake heard back yet? I know of one who was interviewed eairlier this week and is waiting for that all important call.

Anyone heard yet?
If so, what aircraft and what base.

Thanks in advance:O

ejectx3
27th Jun 2008, 03:24
Interested to know ehat VB pilots make these days. Could someone PM me with a rough annual salary for capt and F/O please?

desmotronic
6th Jul 2008, 23:10
Looking at the website looks like VB recruitment is on hold, not accepting applications. No suprises there i suppose.

Enema Bandit's Dad
7th Jul 2008, 00:09
Amy idea what percentage of applicants are successful? :)

mates rates
7th Jul 2008, 01:17
the recruitment site is being updated.All those with applications in the system will be asked to update shortly.

go_soaring
7th Jul 2008, 03:07
Been told from a credible source that anyone that has been given a start date or upcoming interview will keep the offer, however no more recruiting will be done until 2009 with the current situation... :(

go_soaring! instead

JIM1984
22nd Aug 2008, 07:36
Hmmmm..... I beg to differ I have heard from a 'good source' that they are still recruiting at present for the embraers. But I guess this is a rumour network afterall:ok:

BPA
22nd Aug 2008, 08:15
There has been continued recruitment for the E-jet. Interviews have been held this week.

senshi
22nd Aug 2008, 12:15
Me hears ye old VB have 40 excess FO's at the moment and limited capacity to do C&T on the jungle jets.. anyone else??

Wings Of Fury
22nd Aug 2008, 14:53
ejectx3,
The important part you ask!
I was F/O there for 2 years.. After all allowances and after tax I made around 7000-7500 obviously not enough for me! sometimes higher if you worked hard as I was there before and after the new EBA came in :yuk:

DUXNUTZ
22nd Aug 2008, 15:41
What's competitive experience for the E-jets? I take it that it requires more than 1000 and 500 in any twin to get an interview.
Also noticed on their site today its just expressions of interest for the domestic recruitment so summize from that they're not in a hurry to recruit right now.

Shame, i'd like a job!

star101
26th Aug 2008, 01:29
Has anyone had any feedback from interviews that were conducted in July and August?

go_soaring
28th Aug 2008, 06:23
I hear on the grapevine that new interview dates will start being handed out/awarded as early (or late, which ever way you look at it) as Feb '09.

go_soaring! instead

Mr Whippy
30th Aug 2008, 13:49
apparently successful june interviewees have been placed on 'active hold' - no starts until the second quarter of next year at this stage I'm told.

BPA
31st Aug 2008, 03:38
Don't know about start dates, but I've also heard those who were successful have been placed on active hold. With the plans to open up an ejet base in PH those on hold could get a start sooner rather than latter.

OOC
2nd Sep 2008, 07:23
I was advised by the panel that VB is currently recruiting for an active "hold" file and start dates (unknown) depend on many variables and that there were no more planned interviews for 2008 after the interviews were completed in August.

The industry is very cyclic, as soon as there is a downturn before you know it there is an upturn!

Good luck....