PDA

View Full Version : Ctc Icp

JohnPits
25th Jun 2008, 18:44
Hi,

I had a good look through the Forum but haven't found a CTC icp thread got a few questions I would like to ask about CTC icp and obviously that would be a good place to start.

J

Adios
25th Jun 2008, 21:17
There are several iCP threads; you probably just didn't dig deep enough. Unfortunately, PPRuNe has a lame search tool, or at least Admin has crippled it. The minimum search string is four characters, so it's not likely to find CTC or iCP. DOH! How many three letter acronyms are there in aviation that people might want to search for?

I'm not sure if you can search for something like "CTC iCP" and get a hit or not, but I kind of doubt it, as it seems to ignore quotation marks since it has an option to look for all words or the whole phrase, handily ignoring any three letter words.

Maybe someone can suggest a tip for making the search tool work, or better yet, maybe someone has the threads book marked and can paste a link or two. If not, just ask here as DJFC suggests.

JohnPits
26th Jun 2008, 20:09
Ok,
How are you getting funding for CTC iCP?
How much did you have to get together?
Has anyone completed the CTC iCP course?
Has anyone on the CTC iCP course been offered a job before they have completed training?

regards J

superjet777-300
26th Jun 2008, 20:30
Johnpits,
Seeing as CTC are finding it hard enough as it is finding jobs for the guys on the Wings Cadet course, I will confidently say that "no, no-one from the icp course has been offered a job before finishing training"

SJ773

99jolegg
26th Jun 2008, 20:44
1) Not sure of a specific answer to this, it'll involve a loan from the bank for a certain amount secured and a certain amount unsecured I think.

2) I think you'd only be able to borrow to the tune of £50,000. So you'd need the remaining £13,000 and living expenses.

3) No, it hasn't been running long enough for them to complete the course.

4) No, they aren't likely to either. When finishing the iCP course, you only have a CPL / IR with 200 hours. On top of that, the chances of you being offered a job just like that, before the end of training are very, very slim. The chances of you getting a job straight out of the iCP scheme is, at the moment, slim. Why? Plenty of cadets from other integrated schools or modular students could well have the MCC / JOC.

That said, you could be in a favourable position with CTC if you do well on the course and if the ATP course is open, you are eligible to apply.

Ivor_Novello
26th Jun 2008, 20:54
That said, you could be in a favourable position with CTC if you do well on the course and if the ATP course is open, you are eligible to apply.

Fantastic, over 60k worth of training, to hope to eventually be put on another course and hopefully get a job at the end of it lol :)

JohnPits
26th Jun 2008, 21:18
Ok thanks for the answers.
Basically i'm debating between CTC, Oxford or keep working towards my PPL and applying to a Sponsorship scheme. I dont really want to do modular, hhhmmmm, back to trying my luck with the lottery then.

99jolegg
26th Jun 2008, 21:44
Did you try the CTC Wings scheme? It has a favourable finance plan.

JohnPits
27th Jun 2008, 08:48
Yes I tried that scheme the first time I messed up as I didn't read one of the questions properly, the second I breezed through all the sections except the concentration section missed it by 1 point, was gutted.

MarcoFF
27th Jun 2008, 13:02
Noboby haven't been offered a job, because no one hasn't graduate yet from the icp programme.

Unsecured you can borrow 25k£. Rest against some property etc.
Course cost 63000£.