PDA

View Full Version : Non-EU regd a/c in the EU

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
25th Jun 2008, 17:08
Quick question....

Can non EU light jets perform flights between EU countries when there are other EU machines available to do the flights? Even those from the nations concerned in each sector?

Does it make any difference if it is a series of flights within the EU?

Does the nationality of the passenger make a difference?

Thanks in advance.

DA50driver
26th Jun 2008, 16:51
yes,
No,
No.

Phil77
26th Jun 2008, 19:39
...and I thought the new cabotage regulations in OpenSkies are intended for airlines only and business jets still cannot perform charter ops without a european reg? :confused:

But maybe AWR meant owner flights - but then I don't understand the "availability of other EU machines".

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
27th Jun 2008, 13:32
No - I meant commercial charter flights.

CL300
27th Jun 2008, 16:21
It is possible,

Many different cases though.

Case 1
American registered G5, FAR 135 (charter in USA) does a flight from BOS LHR CDG MXP MAD LAX....

LHR MXP MAD is fith rights therefore the only passengers allowed on board are the ones whom where on the manifest on BOS-LHR ( not all of them, but only from this list) on the MAD LAX anybody can get in (Theoritically)

So it works

Case 2

American registered gulfstream leased ACMI to a EU charter company for 3 months; this aircraft has the same rights as if it was EU registered. However this aircraft has to carry all the regulatory equipment required by the state of the AOC, and subrogation of the control of the aircraft to the charter operator has to be documented.

Case 3

Private flying : DILLIGAF

GVA Dispatch
27th Jun 2008, 18:12
Maybe a small note on the reply by CL-300 regarding who's alound on board during the internal legs in Europe. As far as my knowledge goes: as long as pax are on board one transatlantic leg (either inbound or outbound) there is no limitation on the internal legs after or before the transatlantic leg. This is of course a bit vague, because how to determine a transatlantic leg....

Ciao,

GVA Dispatch

Phil77
27th Jun 2008, 23:46
is 3 month the maximum lease time before an aircraft has to be re-registered?

Also out of curiousity: could somebody be so kind and list the prerequisites (spelling?) to start a charter company in Europe? Or point me in right direction? Examples: Owner must be EU-citizen, maybe? Must own (or lease) at least one European registered aircraft? Thanks for the heads up!

CL300
28th Jun 2008, 06:49
too complex a question, and normally the proper answer costs around 100K€; no paypal, wire transfer only :)

If you have a real problematic you can try to gather info here. But your question is too vague to be answered as such.

Phil77
29th Jun 2008, 16:02
CL300 thanks for the reply, but who should I ask if not the wealth of information that behind the keyboards posting here every day? ;)

I see what the problem is, the complexity etc.
I have some experience in FAA Part 135 setup; the restrictions, the limitations and so forth. But beeing an european native I can imagine the bureaucracy involved pursuing a charter certificate in the EU :eek:!
I'm just wondering that there must be more public reading available (where?) on what the requirements are, since its all governed by federal law and that should be free to access, no?

Quick scenario:
American operator wants to expand business (already established, lots of (international) experience, 9-or-less and 10-or-more certificate).
I'm sure that due to cabotage regulations, the us-operator must partner with an european company... but does that european company need to be involved in the aviation business before? I mean otherwise international companies could just buy themselves into ANY company and start a charter-certificate?

It may sound naive, but I'm just kicking tires here trying to determine how feasible such an andeavour would be - right now out of pure personal interest.

Thanks guys!

Phil77
29th Jun 2008, 16:21
...sometimes is all about luck and the right search term to find the good stuff...
I just found a good site with a lot of legal info on the topics I questioned above.

However, since my scenario is a bit special and involves international contractual relationships, its probably not covered on the site I found. So if there's anybody out there, who ideally has dealt with something like I described above, or who can provide additional information - please, I'll be very interested to hear!