PDA

View Full Version : atpl theory course?

nialgordon
25th Jun 2008, 16:09
hey there,

i have recently completed my ppl, i am currently looking for an atpl theory resedential course in the uk.

have found bournemouth commercial flight training and the more expensive oxford aviation academy, has anyone been to any of these courses or know of any other training sites to consider?

any information will be very helpfull

Nashers
25th Jun 2008, 19:08
there will be a lot of information on this site on different places you can do the ATPLs so i suggest you use the search feature before someone comes on here and has a go at you.

i went to london met and found it very good.

thatscaptaintou
25th Jun 2008, 19:15
I am currently on Mod 2 with Bristol Groundschool, which I would personally recommend. Bristol have one of the best reputations around and you do 2 mods. Mod 1 is 8 exams as follows:

Met
Flight Planning
IFR Comms
VFR Comms
Mass & Balance
General Nav
Human Performance & Limitations
Instruments

Mod 2 then deals with the last 6:

Air Law
Aircraft Gen Knowledge
Principals of Flight
Performance
Radio Nav
Ops procedures

You do it as a modular course at your own pace, and then when you finish the manuals or the computer version, you do 2 weeks at Bristol GS itself down in Cheddar and normally, the exams the following week, although you can do them later if you wish.

Bristol is fantastic and definitely worth a look in.

HappyFran
25th Jun 2008, 21:44
Hi,
Currently heading for final block of exams in ~10 days. :eek::8
Studied at BCFT residential.
1st block of 7 my class got all 1st time passes :ok:
Working out well for me and would recommend them.
But different schools have different styles, would recommend you check out a few FTO's and see what feels right for you
PM me if you want any specific info

Good Luck

Fran :)

sparx007
26th Jun 2008, 19:28
how many people....wherever trained for the ATPL's used the Bristol Question Bank??? an interesting experiement would be for Bristol to open their bank only to student for 6 months or so...be interesting to see if the results trend changed!!! i'm not saying it would, would just be keen to see!!!!!

S