PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair assesment

Ericsson737
25th Jun 2008, 11:46
Hi ladies and Gents.... i have my interview with ryanair set for mid july,
Does any body know what profile they are using at the moment? i would really appreciate any help or advice!!

p.s iam not looking for any advice on oil prices or pilots being laid off etc, i just really want to focus on my assesment:)

thanks
yous faithfully

CamelhAir
25th Jun 2008, 14:02
iam not looking for any advice on oil prices or pilots being laid off etc

In other words, I will blindly dive into ryr without bothering to consider my future prospects. No wonder the profession is in the $hit.

Steve Tern
25th Jun 2008, 14:42
had an assessment in June. They gave us a decent brief for the sim assessment before giving us the plates for Newcastle first thing. Then we sat around for a bit, some for much longer than others. Then the interview, which wasn't too bad. There's two of them, a pilot, and probably Ash, the HR guy. Ash will start you chatting, and then the pilot will ask some more technical questions. Nothing too difficult, I suspect they are looking to see how you respond when you don't know the answer, and also to see how you respond without the choice of A, B, C or D.

Then into the sim with your partner. 45 minutes each. I was PM for the first part and monitored the take off. Then we lost an engine and made for return to base. Then a one engined ILS, though no landing as I recall.

Then it was my turn with just a couple of minutes to get the hang of a 737, as I didn't do my MCC on one. Then a visual approach before loosing the runway due to bad weather. Quick go-around, followed by some general handling (accelerating, steep turns, ascending, descending) TCAS warning and an engine failure. Then intercept the inbound at Newcastle for the non-precision approach.

We were then told the assessment was over, and given a landing each, and an engine failure after take off at 65 tonnes. Our sim guy was very decent and even gave us a bit of feedback in his own time.

In short, all a bit daunting at first, but lots of fun. I spent a week on FS2004 PDG(?) 737-800 with a mate who is a commercial pilot with lots of patience. Seemed to do the trick...

Hope this helps. Will try and rack my brains if you need more.

And finally, the obligatory off-thread rant. The economy is collapsing, western society is going to hell in a handbasket, and we're all dooomed!! Yada yada yada

Dihaz
26th Jun 2008, 10:14
(Seemed to do the trick...)

Did you get in Steve?

Steve Tern
26th Jun 2008, 15:15
Yes thanks. Took about a week to hear from them.

Dihaz
27th Jun 2008, 10:48
Congrats Steve!

Alltheway
20th Mar 2009, 23:09
Hi Steve,

Hoping for a RyanAir Assesment and wonder if the Sim Assesment is the 800 with EFIS or was it kitted out as a T-Type (200 Style)?

Did you manually fly the approaches or was it Auto Approach please?

nick14
21st Mar 2009, 13:38
there is another thread with loads of information on this which I shall post.

http://www.pprune.org/interviews-jobs-sponsorship/222538-ryanair-interview-sim-assessment-merged.html

And this is a good read too:

http://www.pprune.org/interviews-jobs-sponsorship/276881-ryanair-cadets-contract-info-please-dont-merge-ryanair-thread.html

Good luck

Nick