PDA

View Full Version : UK Landing permits

Phil Brockwell
25th Jun 2008, 07:28
A question for any American Bizjet Ops teams, how long do you think it would take to get UK landing permits for a 3rd freedom flight?

The story behind this question is that our handling guys had an N reg GV coming to Bristol last week from a US city with Pax on board and had been told it would take 5 days to get a landing permit by 2 of the big Ops Support companies.

This simply is not the case, permits for a third freedom flight take about 1-2 hours.

I was wondering if there is a common misperception that permits to the UK are tricky to get?

Pil

dc9-32
25th Jun 2008, 07:38
Phil, ask the very nice man at the DfT who issues the permit in the 1st place. Support companies (most of) will tell you 5 days so they can charge you 5 days worth of "work".....

merlinxx
25th Jun 2008, 13:12
Which fuel cards was this guy using? I only know of a couple that would quote 5 days as they themselves would pass it through their affiliated Trip Planning op. There are a couple who try to do it themselves, one from KC, the other rising from the ashes! PM me if you wish.

Cheers

Phil Brockwell
25th Jun 2008, 17:22
Merlin

Don't misunderstand me, I know it takes a couple of hours, it's the misrepresentation stateside that concerned me, if it is seen as "lengthy" to get UK permits will the punters prefer scheduled service routes.

This wasn't fuel card companies, apparently Ops Support companies.

Phil

dc9-32
25th Jun 2008, 21:41
Phil

With respect, you are probably using the wrong flight support company.

PM me if you would like details of one who "is user friendly".......

Cheers

Phil Brockwell
26th Jun 2008, 05:39
Please read this properly. I am quite capable of emailing the department for transport and getting permits myself (obviously with my fleet it is rarely a requirement).

My question is for USA Ops departments who have been mislead, not for UK Ops people who, like us all, know how to get permits.

Phil

scrivenger
26th Jun 2008, 10:04
Phil,

I guess the lack of response from US flight ops answers your question.

s

merlinxx
26th Jun 2008, 14:31
Don't be so hard on our cousins in the Colonies, believe me the majority know the status quo, it's just those that have used the Support Cos 100% that don't stray outside that small box. PM me if want to know how I know.

Ma Salama y'all