PDA

View Full Version : Bad news for GF Training Pilots

Mow
25th Jun 2008, 05:46
:* GF Dual rating for Training pilots A320/A330 is going to be terminated soooon.

Those who are applying for training should reconsider it. Will be stuck on this fleet for looong. :uhoh:

Che Guevara
25th Jun 2008, 16:55
I happened to know a friendly horse who's name is Ed. Well, recently Mr. Ed told me that this particular rumour is not true. Now I wouldn't bet my life or career on everything Mr. Ed says, however he is often right. I don't know guys, do we trust Mr. Ed this time? Well, that is for you to decide...good luck.

TZZ
25th Jun 2008, 21:13
what i know Gulfair does dual rating on 330/340 not 320/330.

Mow
25th Jun 2008, 21:20
This is used to be a rumour, but not anymore, it is a fact now :cool: . As with the introduction of A321 and A319, it is becoming hard to keep the Dual rating of the trainers for 4 different types?!! := it is an issue which requires a halt. I think it is the right decision, however, it will upset most of the trainers. :*

Che Guevara
26th Jun 2008, 14:20
Hi Mow, I am sure your source is a very good one, sadly your source might not be right this time around.
[As with the introduction of A321 and A319, it is becoming hard to keep the Dual rating of the trainers for 4 different types?!! /QUOTE]

First of all, the A-321, A-320, A-319 and the A-318 are not different types, they are VARIANTS of one type, the A-320, and as such are often referred to as the A-320 family. In the same manner, the A-340 type rating covers different variants. All that is required is 'differences' training under the same type rating. Incidentally, I am talking about JAR / FAA certication etc. and not BCAA....

[quote]it is an issue which requires a halt.

Have you got a problem with this, and if so , why?

however, it will upset most of the trainers

Here, you are 100% correct, I am absolutely certain it would upset the trainers, if though someone's un-informed opinion, they were to decide something like what you suggest. Aviation Safety, which I think you are probably alluding to, does not rely on heresay and speculaltion rather on fact and informed judgment.

It will be interesting to see what happens I think, I'm sure the entire aviation world has been stopped in it's tracks awaiting the outcome...not.

Mow
28th Jun 2008, 15:05
Hi Che, you are absolutely right :ok:, they are not different rating, however, flying 4 different aircrafts has raised the round table in the office concerns.

Me too wish to keep the dual rating 320/330 - actually for the time being we should call it 319/320/321/330 rating :cool: - anyhow, waiting for the final decision from the people concerned.

ironbutt57
28th Jun 2008, 22:22
:rolleyes:So what????