PDA

View Full Version : Maori Airspace

skol
24th Jun 2008, 21:49
Maoris are claiming the airspace near Rotorua.
This has happened before. On one occasion Taranaki Maoris claimed the airspace from sea level to infinity, and on another, all the airspace above NZ so that they could charge for radio transmissions.
Guess I'll have to get back into the books, didn't know the maoris invented electromagnetic radiation and flying machines.

Maori claim airspace above Rotorua marae - New Zealand news on Stuff.co.nz (http://www.stuff.co.nz/4595649a11.html)

travnz
24th Jun 2008, 22:17
:=:=:=:= When will it stop??????????????

tinpis
24th Jun 2008, 22:19
Traditional owners celebrate court decision to give them control over stinking rotten egg air space .

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/tinpis/mongrels.jpg

travnz
24th Jun 2008, 23:19
Boohuu huu

capt.cynical
24th Jun 2008, 23:45
O2 thieves !:yuk::=

ForkTailedDrKiller
25th Jun 2008, 01:40
Give it to them I say!

Then make them reduce the SO2 levels to internationally accepted clean air standards!

Dr :8

bushy
25th Jun 2008, 02:44
I'm gunna get rich too. I own all the dunnies.

Dunnybudgee
25th Jun 2008, 11:03
Can yooz fullas till me how much bro I need in me to fly fru rotavegas 4 free eh? :confused:

1/4? 1/8th? or is 1/16th enough? Maybe no matter eh, az long az yooz feel Maori eh. Choice... :}

What a rort! When will PC crazy NZ wake up and stop this spiv-fest.
IMHO they are crippling that beautiful country with BS. What next? Send a bill to the moon's embassy every time its reflection passes over Rotorua? Give me a break!

IMHO any decent Maori would be ashamed of such a scam. Its giving many fine Maori people a bad reputation thats usually not deserved.

startingout
25th Jun 2008, 11:10
ooh churr cuz, we's be chargin like 25 buks for ur flight though our land.

what a joke that their trying to pull next thing you know will be that hte whole of nz will have an air tax

NZScion
25th Jun 2008, 12:47
what a joke that their trying to pull next thing you know will be that hte whole of nz will have an air tax

Well they did try the fart tax, but that didn't make it off the ground... :ugh:

Why not just give them their own Restricted Area, SFC to 500ft? Planes don't fly higher than that do they? :E

startingout
25th Jun 2008, 19:40
But what, a low level licence costs only a few hundred dollars at most. Thier looking to cash in like bridge tolls every day/time you go below the hight your e-tag goes off. :hmm: