PDA

View Full Version : informal evening / weekend

malc4d
24th Jun 2008, 15:03
Would it be possible to sort of organize an informal " hello, nice to meet you all, and this is what we fly " at an airfield near you, hangar evening / day..............?
Low timed pilots could get a look-in at aircraft we might one day get to fly, meet and talk to pilots about the job etc.......:)

Just a thought......;)

Phil Brockwell
24th Jun 2008, 16:26
Ground an aircraft so wannabes can see it. Your accountant is your friend, listen to your accountant.

merlinxx
24th Jun 2008, 16:42
This can be achieved at the many forums within BIZAV, from EBACE/BBGA to the brokers venues. Keeping an aircraft on the ground is not a viable situation just for a walk around. You can do this at EBACE/NBAA etc.

mutt
24th Jun 2008, 18:49
You can do this at EBACE/NBAA Do they allow JoePublic that kind of access?

Mutt

robash
24th Jun 2008, 18:51
any Jo Schmo can buy a ticket for EBACE and wander round the static.

malc4d
25th Jun 2008, 08:19
Hmmmmm lead balloon comes to mind..............and l didn't even mention 'N' reg.......:)

Was thinking more of an 'open door' type thing, what or whos there is there..........oh well, :rolleyes:

Phil Brockwell
25th Jun 2008, 09:20
Malc,

I think I see where you are coming from, but I don't see the advantage to the operator. I don't think just because it was taken as a daft idea means we didn't understand the suggestion.

Phil

youngskywalker
25th Jun 2008, 09:33
Get a job at an FBO like Signature flight support, that way you will meet all the crews and operators and get to see inside the aircraft. Nothing like showing people that you are prepared to work your way up, learn the various different aspects of the job and earn their respect. Just my tuppence worth.

Mark Ranger
25th Jun 2008, 16:03
The BGAD event that is organised every other year by EBAN in association with Marshalls at Cambridge would probably offer much of what you are suggesting.

I'd be interested in ideas of how to extend the reach a bit, any suggestions, please post or PM me. We do run some seminars on various subjects.

We haven't finalised a date yet, but it is due for mid-year 2009. I will probably get shot by the mods for putting a link, but you'll get to it via ebanmagazine.com when the dates are fixed

Mark Ranger
EBAN