PDA

View Full Version : Fatal exception

Check 6
25th Jan 2001, 21:02
I need help. I am getting "lock-ups", usually when trying to enter a web site, including McAfee virus clinic. I also get the following "fatal exception" warning: Fatal exception 0D at 0246:014747FB.

Can anyone offer me some advice or assistance? I am not a computer wizard, but have a good handle on basics.

Computer is Gateway Celeron 333 Mhz.

Thank you,
Check 6

------------------
Kick the tires, light the fires, first off is lead, brief on guard.

[This message has been edited by Check 6 (edited 25 January 2001).]

BOAC
25th Jan 2001, 23:45
Try Microsoft site (if you can get on!) Go to Knowledge base and then search

Check 6
26th Jan 2001, 00:29
OK, will give it a try when I can get onto their web site.

Grazie mila,
Check 6

------------------

lame
28th Jan 2001, 06:03
I too have been having these same problems lately, when it freezes up I have to end up logging off, and the fatal exception loses the server anyway. The fatal exception sometimes was happening many times a day, sometimes after only a minute or two on line, always to do with outlook Express.

After consulting with my ISP, AOL, I have removed Outlook Express from my computer altogether, don't need it with AOL, now (touch wood) everything seems fine.

Just a suggestion, depending what ISP you are with, you might be able to do the same?

Regards,

"lame"

ExSimGuy
28th Jan 2001, 10:31
Might be worth removing Internet Explorer, and re-installing it. That's always a good "first fix atempt"

------------------
What Goes Around . . . . .
. . often makes a better landing

InFinRetirement
28th Jan 2001, 14:38
Hate to say this but it is probably AOL itself!

Their registry entries almost MAKE you use what THEY want you to use. They have been fined in the States for 'taking over' computers. I have never had any problems with OE or IE 5.5 but I had to sort a friends pooter and nailed it to AOL. Took it out and started over, now no problems.

lame
29th Jan 2001, 10:28
You may be right?

Have been on line all day today, over 8 hours, no freezes at all, then still got a fatal exception, even though OE is gone from computer.

When I spoke to AOL Support they did recommend deleting and reinstalling their software.

lame
4th Feb 2001, 03:50
Check 6,

Did you manage to get it sorted out?

"Think" I have finally fixed mine, the culprit turned out to be a very useful programme that I had added and I use a lot, called "Gator", remembers passwords and fills in forms for you. Have now deleted that altogether and computer has been okay for several days now.

Best regards,

"lame"

[This message has been edited by lame (edited 03 February 2001).]

addinfurnightem
4th Feb 2001, 08:15
I deleted Gator too, not only did it glue things up but I found that it came with about FIVE spy files!!!

lame
4th Feb 2001, 09:52
I am VERY glad it is gone then.........

Check 6
4th Feb 2001, 11:35
Still getting fatal exception "blue screens", but I am able to access two web pages that I was getting the screen on, but apparently not because of anything I did. My computer doctor worked on my machine for awhile, and could not identify a problem, though he did fix an unrelated problem. I will see how it goes, but may end up reformatting my hard drive if it continues.

Thanks,
Check 6

------------------