PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma and a loan

flyboy_nz
24th Jun 2008, 06:55
Hows it going everyone?

I just got a $12000 US loan approved from the bank. I have a NZCAA CPL with Single Pilot multi-engine rating. I have 366TT with 40hrs co in the BE-76.

I have already finished my DGCA conversion exams. But the latest news I have heard about India is that DGCA is asking for Rs 40,000 ($1000) as bribe to issue the Indian CPL. Then, the airlines are asking for more money from the applicants on top of the fee for the type-rating.

I am just wondering. Should I get an ATR type rating with the loan and apply for jobs in AUZ and India?

MAS Guy
24th Jun 2008, 13:00
Dont work in India if you need to pay money to get license.

jester_icarus
24th Jun 2008, 13:57
even with a type rating your total time may need more building. save your money and do more flying..perhaps as a copilot for a small outfit.

if you get a type rating and nothing happens..it will cost you more money to keep current.

366 hours..thats tuff..even with a type rating. most company requires you to have at least 500 to fly the right seat. with the current market..there are alot of pilots out there looking for jobs...with lots of total time.

thats a tuff one man..

outofhereoyibo
25th Jun 2008, 05:28
bribes in India??? sounds spot on!

The Dominican
25th Jun 2008, 05:37
Setup a small business (a cafeteria or something) and keep flying as a hobby :ok:

getsetgo
25th Jun 2008, 09:44
you wil have to plan your loan repayment.
get any job as early as you can(forget ATR prop or jet ,get in to the a/c first)
if no flying job then you will have to plan another loan and repayment,as licence renewal is also very expensive.
find some place on this earth to take care your loans.
good luck