PDA

View Full Version : Dick Smith refunds Taskforce money

Bob Murphie
24th Jun 2008, 03:49
"A number of posters have asked what happened to the Aviation Regulation Review Taskforce that was Chaired by Allan Hawke and sat last year. The panel included the head of Qantas engineering, Bruce Byron and Dick Smith. An interesting article has appeared in The Australian this morning, which tells the story of how the report has never been released. It is typical of the Department."

Here is a link to the article: http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23912395-23349,00.html

Flyingblind
24th Jun 2008, 04:29
This and Sea Sprite and ADS-B subjects show Dick is having a marvellous time stirring the pot.

Good on yer for handing back the money though Dick, lot of Departments Management need a severe kick up the collective backsides and i think your on your way not to be on the PM's Christmas Card List!

Horatio Leafblower
24th Jun 2008, 04:39
Gee... I wish I had the financial wherewithall to give away $10,000 just to make a political point and garner some publicity.

As Flying Blind says above... First your abortive request for the "exemption", then the ADSB thing, then seasprites, now this.

...who's looking for another govt appointment following the CASA inquiry then? :hmm:

:ugh:

Dick Smith
24th Jun 2008, 05:30
Horatio Leafblower, you seem to have missed the point. I had a Government appointment last year and it was a completely futile waste of time – just as Creampuff predicted - so why would I want another one?

Rather than having a go at me, why don’t you have a go at the Department or the Minister’s office that hasn’t released the expensive report while wasting your money as they "duchessed" me.

All of the money spent came from the pockets of taxpayers. I don’t like wasting anyone’s money.

Horatio Leafblower
24th Jun 2008, 12:29
No I haven't missed the point at all.

However, I can also see past it and I know from your previous form that your bursts of self-promotion and publicity are usually a run-up to another attempt at exerting influence over a government decision. :hmm:

VH-XXX
24th Jun 2008, 22:47
Go for it Dick, I don't like the Government wasting my money either!