PDA

View Full Version : Corp flying in India

Arctic
24th Jun 2008, 03:13
Can anyone give me the scoop on corp/fract type flying in India?
What will I need to get going? Indian lisc? work visa? etc
10,000 hrs and typed in Lear 30 series, King Air exp.

Thanks in advance

NZ X man
25th Jun 2008, 10:46
Lots of King Airs, haven't seen any 30 series Lears, the company will get the visa, you have to take a FATA written test sometime with in a few months, need 100 PIC in type, then it is a matter of the contract you are willing to accept. If the company hires you, they will set all that stuff up.

Good Luck

Arctic
25th Jun 2008, 18:49
Thanks NZ X
Info appreciated.

Spam Up
25th Jun 2008, 22:06
Hi All

Could you let me know what the FATA test consists of ?

Spam Up

Kingfisher320
26th Jun 2008, 04:10
Several bottles and some rupeeeeeees, you will score 100%.

NZ X man
26th Jun 2008, 12:29
A wide variety of questions from light signals on the ground and in the air, incubation period for certain diseases, lateral seperation minimum, visability minimum , VFR and IFR, prohibited airspace. Most of the info is in the aircraft act 1934, and another publication, "Air Regulations". There are some recorded test copies out there that have the correct answer for that test on that date. Just general knowledge with a few new ones based on Indian air law. Not overly difficult, but I have my test on the 2nd, so I will know then, whether I hit the books hard enough. No real trick questions though.

Spam Up
26th Jun 2008, 12:54
Thanks for the info, please let us know how you get on in the test !

spam Up

Spam Up
5th Jul 2008, 07:45
Hello

How did you get on with the test then ? any tips ?

Spam Up

WIKI44
5th Jul 2008, 08:37
Hi. You will have to sit an air regs examination. Don't worry it's not a big deal. A bit of studying will get you through. If you are based in India, then I would suggest you go over to the English Book Sotre in Connaught Place, New Delhi and pick up two books - 1. Air Regulations 2. Indian Aircraft Act 1934. I have a few sample papers.... will look into scanning them for you in you want them.
I don't think there are any Lears operating in India. Mostly Kingairs. New outfit BJETS starting up operations soon. Orders for 50 - hawker/Citation mix.

Anyhow, good luck.
WIKI

NZ X man
5th Jul 2008, 08:54
The test was 60 questions, 80% were the same as a study test that I have in my possesion. If you study the aircraft act of 1934, most of the questions are in there, but to be honest , the sample test was the best source for me. Know the Annex numbers in the guide and what they represent. Annex two, Rules of the Air, Annex 8, aircraft airworthiness, etc. Had one question with 4 options. question on light signals from the tower, alcohol consumption limits, army personnel bringing weapons and ammo on an aircraft, who authorises that, no real trick questions though.
Minimum hight for arobatics, lowest leverl that is manditory for IFR, aircraft right of way, Prohibited airspace, which is over some refinery, listed whether it was a danger area, restricted area or prohibited. Flying from a high pressure to a low pressure, what will your altimeter read, etc.

If you read the aircraft act of 1934, get a copy of "air regulations", and offer me enough money for the test sample,(just kidding), you should be okay. I found that to walk in humble, polite, and modest that helps in the attitude of the guys giving you a test. Walk into the test like a fighter jock, and the you will meet Indian Bureaucracy like a brick wall mate.

Just spend some time in the reference material, no problem.

Cheers:)

6th Jul 2008, 10:58
X man are you in India now?????????????

What city?????????

If anyone wants a copy of the sample paper PM me with your email address and i'll send it out.

80% of the questions are there.

PS be prepared to donate your pen when you sit the exam.. if you know what i mean.... if you have the right company rep with you that is...

NZ X man
6th Jul 2008, 15:26
Yes. Mumbai, Juhu Beach
CHeers:}

teeepee
7th Jul 2008, 06:28
hi capt. X are you working for Koochar of Viraj there in Mumbai?and presumably staying in his guest house in JUHU?:ugh:

NZ X man
7th Jul 2008, 16:09
To your question, Nope.:)

gskedgel
11th Aug 2008, 02:50
1 3 4 5 5 6

condorbaaz
11th Aug 2008, 11:49
Arctic

Pls PM in case youinterested to fly B200 for few weeks before elections.

reynar
12th Aug 2008, 23:56
I'm heading to mumbai to fly corporate very soon, just waiting for visa. Just wonder how long it took other expats to get a visa, my FATA took six weeks.
Thanks

justlooking_tks
13th Aug 2008, 08:45
Arctic

They're all the same down there in India from what I can gather.

Look at the adverts on the job sites. There are at least 2 companies looking for pilots and have been advertising for months! They are either expanding at an alarming rate, or they (G*R) are s**t.:}