PDA

View Full Version : Emails

tubby linton
23rd Jun 2008, 14:12
I have just received a pm from danny saying that a message to my email was sent back as it was undeliverable to the email address concerned.I do not know what the problem is as my email is up to date and I receive pm notifications!Is this a scam??

copy of pm here:
Hello tubby linton,
We recently sent you an email and it bounced back to us as "undeliverable". If you recently changed your email address you may have forgotten to update your profile. Please update your email address so that you won't miss any important updates from us in the future.

To update your email address, click here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/profile.php?do=editpassword)

Please note: In order to temporarily fix this issue, we had to turn off the following settings for your account:
. Receive Email from Administrators
. Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages
. Receive Email from Other Members
. Email Notification for Thread Subscriptions (if any existed)
. Email Notification for forum Subscriptions (if any existed)

If you want to turn any back on, you may do so from within your UserCP.

Thank you,
Danny

PPRuNe Towers
23rd Jun 2008, 14:16
Not a scam at all TL,

On going programme we've been running for about 3 months. Auto generated mail from us if something we've sent you gets bounced back to us.

Lot's of folk registered move onto new addresses and don't update profile, full mailboxes and, of course, whacking in a new anti spam/whitelist routine are the most common reasons to get the mail from us bounced back.

Rob

tubby linton
23rd Jun 2008, 15:19
[email protected] is on the safe senders list so I don't know why it bounced!

PPRuNe Towers
23rd Jun 2008, 15:51
Try adding :

[email protected] as well.

Rob