PDA

View Full Version : Win XP "Colour Scheme"

pax anglia
16th Dec 2001, 22:11
Just a quick "Straw Poll"....I have been using XP for a month now,but I cannot for the life of me get on with the new user interface.I thought that I would give it a good try in an attempt to drag myself into the 20th Century just as the rest of the World are striding into the 21st.However,I have now admitted defeat and reverted to the "Classic" interface.Does anyone actually like the new job?It looks (to me) like the aftermath of an unfortunate accident in the colouring department of a confectionary factory.What say you PPRuNers?

[ 16 December 2001: Message edited by: pax anglia ]

TwinAisle
16th Dec 2001, 23:48
I agree - I stood it for about 2 hrs before I went back to classic. I think it is designed for the IT illiterate....

booka
18th Dec 2001, 07:38
G'day all,

Just a quick question pax anglia...

Did reverting back to Classic mode speed up your desktop at all?? Also running XP but am still using the new interface and was wondering if there was any speed difference between them.

Cheers
Booka

[ 18 December 2001: Message edited by: booka ]

pax anglia
18th Dec 2001, 23:47
G'Day Booka,
No,there doesn't seem to be any advantage (or disadvantage) as far as PC speed is concerned,in reverting to the "Classic Interface".To me the advantage lies in the familiarity of the established system and the fact that it isn't stomach churningly lurid!In all fairness and objectivity,the system itself is pretty damned good and in the final analysis that is,of course,what counts.
All the best,PA.

Ella
19th Dec 2001, 11:45
I too went back to 'classic' within an hour or two.

Sorry to say I find the XP format an insult to the senses and an awful aproximation of an AOL browser. (Internet for Neanderthals!!)