23rd Jun 2008, 07:01
hot off the press

$175k for captains

5% performance bonus-subject to what?

no overtime

on call 24/7/12/365 not kidding!!

Howard Hughes
23rd Jun 2008, 08:52
They could offer a $100K, I still expect they would be flooded with applicants...:rolleyes:

PLJ
23rd Jun 2008, 09:28
Capt $175,000 base
F/O $114,000 base

Overtime included
12% super
5% incentive based upon Virgin group performance
3% incentive based upon individual performance

Loss of licence paid for

Wizofoz
23rd Jun 2008, 12:24
V Australia pay

Err...No...Sounds like they don't!!!:hmm::rolleyes::hmm:

ROO-C26B
23rd Jun 2008, 15:11
Hi All,

I am curious can anyone have any true info on JFO pay and T&Cs? I am considering to apply.

Cheers.

jetblues
23rd Jun 2008, 21:25
What a shocker. So the base pay of a VA B777-300ER Captain will be $817 more than the domestic VB B737 Captains. Someone in VA management is dreaming here.

Good luck flogging accross the water with 3 junior crew as support. I'll stick to the domestic scene with no liferafts.

Out.

jack red
24th Jun 2008, 05:07
Someone in VA management is dreaming here. I have heard they are oversubscribed with applicants and will have no problems crewing the first four aircraft.

jetblues
24th Jun 2008, 10:49
Noted with interest a salary package well LESS than VB domestic 737 operation. Another well planned attack on the loyal, ambitious domestic crew.

Sound familiar to Jetstar and Qantas.

Ironic.

Poto
24th Jun 2008, 10:50
"Applicants" does not mean "suitable applicants". That is crap pay. :ugh:

jetblues
25th Jun 2008, 20:59
Enjoy your 1000 hrs a year, no overtime and no bonus as the shares head south big time. Oh yeh, don't forget the taxi fares in Sydney from the airport to Silverwater in peak hour traffic. Wow this job just keeps on lookin better..

Bluebaron
26th Jun 2008, 19:37
well i'm still waiting for a call, filled in form last november!!!!

fumes
27th Jun 2008, 07:06
Let's be honest, it's not well less than domestic VB, just not the gold at the end of the rainbow many were hoping for. And why do people still imply long haul is more difficult than short haul, or that a 777 is more difficult than a 737? It's just an aeroplane, and it's just a destination. Stop talking it all up to be something it isn't, and (by the way) their are no 'get rich quick' schemes in Airline flying.

jetblues
27th Jun 2008, 09:51
Fumes with respect you have either lost the plot or had no idea in the first place. Pay for Airline pilots has historically been "pay for experience &/or pay for weight of jet and weight of responsibility" I trust you understand a B777-300ER is many multiples of a B737NG in terms of weight, cost and pax numbers.

The B777 pay being offered is a disgusting insult and the VA Management have clearly read the QF book of how to screw over its mainline drivers.

Fact : there are many B777 Captains interested as a ticket home.

Fact : they are struggling big time to get suitable FO's.

Jet Man
27th Jun 2008, 11:43
Maybe they can't get type rated F/Os because the promotional propects are probably better where they are currently working. Is that why VA are not charging F/Os for type rating now?

If VA can crew the first three aircraft then I don't think they'll have any problem crewing the next four as these pilots come from VB.

jetblues
27th Jun 2008, 21:13
Jet man the Deed gives VB guys the opportunity to fly the next four however why should you take a pay cut to do it ?

Jet Man
27th Jun 2008, 23:40
They would only need 40 captains to crew four aircraft.

There would be 40 in VB that would like to fly 777 international? Maybe the lifestyle is better with longhaul roster? For pilots without dependants maybe it offers better future prospects?

mozza1972
28th Jun 2008, 00:08
A bus is a bus mate , engineering dont get paid per seat/weight /bums on seats , yet shoulder the same responsibilty , its the new way of doing busness in the airline industry, sad but true ....

ad-astra
28th Jun 2008, 00:09
FUMES

VB Training Capt Salary as of 1st July $191,161
Overtime and Day off payments since the introduction of the new EBA $25000 (and is indicitave of what can be acheived-some pilots are much higher)
Superannuation on the above amounts $19454

Total without allowances/bonus/etc $235,615

Who in their right mind in VB would go to Sydney and put up with the crap that they are offering.

Talk to the AFAP and see what representation they want to offer and what VBA are demanding.

There will be VERY few VB pilots willing to put up with this .....

speedjet
28th Jun 2008, 00:17
A bus is a bus mate , engineering dont get paid per seat/weight /bums on seats , yet shoulder the same responsibilty , its the new way of doing busness in the airline industry, sad but true ....

Just ask the Embraer crew what they get paid, and you'll see why it is expected that the 777 pay be substantially more than 737 crew.
Management have set the precedence.

jetblues
28th Jun 2008, 00:40
ad-astra AGREE 110%.

fumes
28th Jun 2008, 04:37
Appologies. I didn't realise the 175K base salary quoted for VA was for a training captain.......

ad-astra
28th Jun 2008, 08:41
FUMES

My point is that I regard this offer as an insult.

Line Captains also see this as an insult and as a slap in the face for our loyalty and commitment at VB.

If VBA accept the experience levels that $175k will buy on the open market so be it and good luck to them.

Your assertion that;

"It's just an aeroplane, and it's just a destination"

is a wee bit simplistic and one that I have no intention in even commenting on.

Your other statement of;

"And why do people still imply long haul is more difficult than short haul, or that a 777 is more difficult than a 737?"

will certainly raise the eyebrow of many a longhaul crew.

Obviously your life experiences have been quite different to mine.

I think I earn every cent that VB pays me to keep a 737 on the rails and I have the utmost respect for those on long haul who may not have necessarily a more difficult job but certainly have their own challenges.

galdian
28th Jun 2008, 14:39
speedjet

100% corect that VB management have "set the precedent" however you have forgotten one of the management dictum:

"that was then, this is now!" ;)

However wonder if all this discussion is really worth anything - sort of reminds me of the passengers on the Titanic who were planning their future vacations! :eek:

ad-astra

like your perspective - seems overtly balanced for Pprune :p:p

Keep up the good work! :ok: