PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Crew - Part Time

Cirrus_Clouds
22nd Jun 2008, 17:46
Hey all,

Planning of doing a part-time job shortly, so I have more time to concentrate on doing my flight training courses.

Is it possible to get a cabin crew job part-time i.e. around 3 days a week?

What's the typical salary?

Cheers! :cool:

BYALPHAINDIA
22nd Jun 2008, 18:13
Not heard of p/time CC before.

In most cases it is the other way, The Airlines want you 24/7, To work your feet off.:ugh:

You could try a small operator or even a bizjet operator who maybe only flies a few times a week on business.

The full time salary is only just managable for most, So it wouldn't be worth you working p time with all the tax & ni deductions etc.

Unless the wage is very good.

Traditionally it has always been a very low paid job.

Good Luck In Your Search.:ok:

vodkaholic
22nd Jun 2008, 18:54
Of course you can be part time cabin crew, but it is almost unheard of to be employed by an airline on a p/time basis. At most airlines there is a very long waiting list to become part time. However, try charter airlines because with most of them you only work on avergae about 10 days a month anyway (if it's shorthaul only).

easygalleyfm
22nd Jun 2008, 19:47
With easyjet, you can apply for part-time but only after a year on full-time (from when you join the company). you can choose between 50% and 75% on a split week or split month basis.They also just started offering seasonal part time where june-sept you work full time and oct-may you work part time.