PDA

View Full Version : Is there something wrong with PPRUNE?

static
25th Jan 2002, 12:31
Or is it my internet connection?. .Since last week or so, pprune has been very slow and often even unreachable.. .Is it my setup or is there something going on at the server?

Evo7
25th Jan 2002, 12:59
I'd imagine it is just a very high load on the server.

mcdhu
25th Jan 2002, 14:25
Yes, I get a message from time to time to the effect that the server is experiencing a high load. Isn't it odd that this should occur in the morning before our colleagues across the Atlantic have woken up and logged on? It's all magic to me!. .Cheers. .mcdhu

sky9
25th Jan 2002, 16:47
It could be "OPODO" eating up the bandwidth as it chases across the bottom of the screen.

What_does_this_button_do?
25th Jan 2002, 23:38
The server load problem was traced and the offending code removed. You should now notice the "normal" service is resumed....

BEagle
28th Jan 2002, 02:38
Hmmmm - really? I've been getting the 'unusually high load' message for most of today.........

ORAC
28th Jan 2002, 03:11
Same, been getting on less than 25% of the time.

G.Khan
28th Jan 2002, 04:25
Same down here, quite often around 0930ish GMT.

PPRuNe Towers
28th Jan 2002, 08:39
We offlaoded the server a few weeks ago by doing what we ask you to do - keep images off it. We placed the advertising banners on another server.

Yesterday that server failed and the ads were placed back here on a temporary basis. Thus the very high loads.

Sincere apologies, we are working on resolving this as quickly as possible.

Rob Lloyd

Blacksheep
28th Jan 2002, 11:59
My firewall keeps indicating attempts at unauthorised access from an unknown application in my own PC while I'm on PPRuNe. It doesn't happen on other sites. Ad-Aware reports the source as a 'cookie' from valueclick. When I open the cookie, the code includes my e-mail address. Valueclick are known to Ad-Aware and are listed as an innocent cookie that simply gathers information on the number of visits made to a site, so this may actually be a spoofing or disguise address. Naughty cookie eh? I assume it comes from one of the banner ads.

**********************************. .Through difficulties to the cinema

Lima Tambo
28th Jan 2002, 14:20
I have recently installed 'SpyBlocker' which seems to be very effective at preventing unwanted incursions to my computer (particularly when used with Zone Alarm). The amount of Spam I receive has certainly reduced.

It is available (free) at:

<a href="http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-3356727-100-8465887.html" target="_blank">http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-3356727-100-8465887.html</a>

ORAC
28th Jan 2002, 20:02
Nope. still broke. Getting kicked out with the overload, please try again in a minute message about 9 out 10 times (7th retry to post this message)

sanjosebaz
29th Jan 2002, 03:53
Also the "we're down the pub" message appears spuriously. I guess this is actually another version of the "server load" problem, as it seems to appear well after most UK pub landlords have gone to bed!