PDA

View Full Version : QFIs / QHIs Required??

Spanish Waltzer
22nd Jun 2008, 09:58
QFI/QHI'S REQUIRED
Various locations
Our client is a highly respected flight-training provider based in the UK. Acting on their behalf we are currently seeking qualified and experienced Training Captains for the fixed and rotary wing aircraft for exciting new flight training opportunities.
We are looking for training pilots who want to find a role that can offer them something different. Some training may be provided, but the following criteria have been set against which applicants will be initially assessed:
Must be or have been a QFI/QHI
Must be currently flying
Ideally unrestricted EU passport holder
Should be Ex-Military or have helicopter Search & Rescue experience
Hold instructor standard Al, A2, B1 or B2
UK or JAA issued CPL (A) or (H) or ATPL (A) or (H)
This position would ideally suit retired military or airline training captains or instructors who have recently left the service.

Had this emailed to me by a mate - apparently advertised in flight magazine.

Any ideas what or who this is about?

I know I could always go & buy a copy but thought I would get far more interesting answers on pprune :)

BEagle
22nd Jun 2008, 11:10
http://www.flightglobal.com/jobs/job/qualified-flying-instructors-basingstoke-instructor--200030016.htm

No mention of salary, medical cover, loss of licence insurance, pension etc......

Contractair - YGBSM!!

Spanish Waltzer
22nd Jun 2008, 12:50
Thanks Beags - my mate had included the email address for contractair but as they are just the middle men I was hoping someone here might know more detail - particularly wrt the items you listed plus aircraft type and poss locations.

I know, I know I could always email contractair but...........:suspect: :oh:

Dan D'air
22nd Jun 2008, 13:10
You might want to have a look at the Reserve QFI's thread currently running on this forum too.

Role1a
22nd Jun 2008, 13:54
I have spoke to contract air.

The whole thing is on hold (Whatever it was, as they would give no details).

Don't hold your breath.

R1a

MaroonMan4
23rd Jun 2008, 11:12
Hi,

The message that I got by e-mail was that this 'opportunity' is still progressing, but they are ensuring that they have sufficent people in place for contract award. So, by placing an expression of interest with them they can prove that they can recruit the right calibre of people to fulfil the contract.

Whoever is running this contract is obviously pretty switched on as you can have all of the systems, simulators, computer based training, and the infra in place - but finding the experienced and high quality people (and being able to retain them) has in recent PFI/PPP projects been the real challenge.

Many previous contracts have been awarded after the lowest price was offered, but when it came to finding the experienced operators and managers to conduct everything from the analyse/design through to the delivery of training they wondered why their low salaries were only attracting low experience/calibre individuals. Look how long the MFTS/Ascent design team lead positions were being advertised - no one with any real experience was ever going to touch that job on the money they were offering.

Keep your options open and throw your hat into the ring - the worst thing that can happen is that they say that they did not get contract award. Lets not kid ourselves, even with the supposed 'down turn' in the economy the jobs are still out there.

This one with Contract Air may miss the boat as many have to give a years notice or if civilian be ready to move with 1 or 2 months notice and will therefore not hang on forever.

As we all know there are not that many ex military QHIs kicking around and able to move at the drop of a hat or on the click of Contract Air's fingers.

Spanish Waltzer
23rd Jun 2008, 18:45
MM4 interesting.....

Any more clues as to what it is all about though?

MaroonMan4
24th Jun 2008, 05:28
Spanish,

No, I am afraid not and just as much in the dark as everyone else. I am just fully aware of how some of these contracts work and I am therefore not too surprised with the situation.

As mentioned earlier I am not holding my breath either, but I am also ensuring that my CV and application goes in.

It does work two ways as all of the applications that they have received after the last weeks advertising campaign will all be out of date in a month or so as people will move to other 'opportunities' and so they will have start all over again.

And if Contractair continue to place adds with jobs that never materialise then they too will suffer as they will be tarnished with the same brush.

Sorry that I cannot be of more assistance.

Dan Winterland
24th Jun 2008, 06:21
They are a contract agency. From my experience, the repudetly 'best' contract agency is pretty bad, and Contractair isn't the best!

Handle with care!

spheroid
24th Jun 2008, 19:01
I'd be surprised if they got any B2 instructors. Does the course not have a return of service?

Role1a
25th Jun 2008, 08:24
CU

Thanks for that reply , but could you brief the nice young lady that answers the phone as she is saying it is on hold.

At a guess I would say AW !!!:suspect::uhoh:

Spanish Waltzer
25th Jun 2008, 08:34
Role - maybe she doesn't want you to apply :ok:- are you crabs twin brother ;)

The job advert now seems to have disappeared from the website anyway.

Role1a
25th Jun 2008, 08:37
SW

Perhaps your right:{

As far as Crab is concerned I'm the better looking one:p

R1a

Turkeyslapper
25th Jun 2008, 22:05
Hey Guys

Has anyone got the scoop on the QHI jobs at Valley with FB Heli?

Thanks

Turkey

Thud_and_Blunder
26th Jun 2008, 11:55
Below is what I found after a quick "QFI/QHI" keyword search on the flight global site.

QFI/QMI'S
View job(s) for organisation

ME/SE UK or JAA license with A1,A2,B1 OR B2 QFI OR QHI rating. Preferably ex-militery or previous instructor experience. For QH1, preferable experience in search and rescue. Permanent position. Benefit negotable depending on qualifications and experience. Applications in writing to [email protected] Job Role: Flight Crew | Job Hours: Full-Time | Location: Europe | Job Position: Permanent | Company: Contractair Ltd | Published Date: 06 June 2008 09:19:34

Can anyone tell me:

- what "QMI" means?

- who the "militery" are?

- who (outside the AAC, late-80s banter version) "QH1s" are?

- what happens to a benefit to make it "negotable"

Perhaps Sam Sprules/ Cpt U need to invest in a spollchucker/ preefruder. Anyway, since when is Anglesey part of Europe, eh? (I know, I know - hat, coat, door...)

Spanish Waltzer
26th Jun 2008, 12:05
T & B - I spotted that ad too. But its not the same one that was there a week or so ago. As you say not a good first impression :hmm:

Dylsexlic
7th Aug 2008, 16:30
Hmm. Let's hope you can all fly better than they can spoll :D

SARREMF
8th Aug 2008, 02:01
My Guess is this has UK MFTS all over it! Its not AW - I asked! So I am betting Ascent!