PDA

View Full Version : Missing posts

reverserdeployed
23rd Jan 2001, 18:56
Chaps please help - I'm confused http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif!

I just made a posting on the "New Athens Airport" thread and when I clicked on "POST" it said "thank you for your posting" etc but the posting didn't appear on the thread!

I went back to the main forum page and entered the thread that way, but it still hadn't appeared.

I also have the same problem with other threads. Once I've viewed a thread, I can't seem to be able to view any new posts on that thread for a while.

I'm on a shared network in my office now, anybody know what my browser's playing at?

------------------
"Something hit us - there's nobody left to fly the plane!!" AIRPORT '77

Lawyerboy
23rd Jan 2001, 19:32
In the absence of any more technical replies I'd guess that you're browser is simply not refreshing the page that you want to look at. Try hitting F5 next time and see if the page changes.

Capt PPRuNe
23rd Jan 2001, 20:33
Check your browsers settings. You are only seeing the cached page and not the rebuilt one on the server. A common enough problem for many people who do not understand how their browsers work.

Make sure that your browser is set to 'Update pages once per session' or whatever is equivalent in your browser.

Now off to Computer and Internet Issues with you! :mad:

------------------
Capt PPRuNe
aka Danny Fyne
The Professional Pilots RUmour NEtwork

AquaPlane
24th Jan 2001, 19:44
Shared connections are often through a proxy server, which tend to involve some caching to make it look like you're browsing faster. Network admin, or whoever looks after the proxy / firewall should be able to disable caching. Caches are a con anyways IMHO :)

Aq