PDA

View Full Version : Cathay DEFO's : Cargo or Pax fleet?

Moffman
21st Jun 2008, 11:56
Hello everyone!

Would like to know the score regarding DEFO's! Are all new entrants joining the freighter fleet on the 747, or are some being placed directly into the pax fleet due to current shortages/requirements?

Any info from any recent DEFO's or Cathay crew in general, would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Sleeve_of_Wizard
21st Jun 2008, 16:15
There are no shortages of pax F/O's. Plenty waiting to get home to the base that are being taken up by DEFO's. :ok:

Grivation
21st Jun 2008, 23:53
Actually - last round of base applications there were at least 8 (that I counted) AUS FO slots that didn't get taken up. :confused:

Just more ammo for the company to hire DEFO Pax.

EngineOut
22nd Jun 2008, 03:11
I'm not one of them, but I'm sure there would be some CX SOs that would jump at the opportunity to upgrade and take basing...better option that DEFOs!!!!

TWINGLOBES
22nd Jun 2008, 23:52
It all comes down to what base you want and then that decides equipment and PAX or F. If you are offered YVR now you will probably go Airbus PAX there are unfilled vacancies. If you are offered LAX you probably end up on the 744F. It is probably more important to worry about where you are based not what you are flying.