PDA

View Full Version : Net Jets Considerations

alexanderbax
21st Jun 2008, 08:21
Hey,

I have searched through the forums to see if I can find any answers to a few questions I have, but havent found these specifically asked yet! Im currently working in the finance sector, but seriously looking into following the dream of changing career and getting in to aviation. The Net Jets cadet course at OA is really what Im looking for. However, due to having a mortgage and wife I really would like any advice on the following things (presumably from any current NJ pilots?):

1) The pay is €56,500 regardless of where your gate city is. Does this mean that every month your pay check is exposed to foreign exchange risk?? This would be more stressful than keeping an eye on interest rates for your variable mortgage! The exchange rate could change for the worse and suddenly you cant cover your bills!

2) Realistically, how often do you spend away from home on a 6/5 working roster? If I were to be based at Birmingham in the UK, would it be a case of leaving on the first day of 6 and not see home until I get back for the 5 days break?

3) NJ pay €70 per diem for expenses. If you were to stay away, would NJ pay hotel bills on top, or is this €70 to cover all hotel bills, meals, taxis etc? ie. Could you consider this an addition to your salary or will it literally go all towards your day to day living while away?

The above questions are really important for me to make a decision whether to try to get in to aviation. Its certainly not about the money, otherwise I wouldnt even be considering giving up a good career to invest £70k just to get another job! Unfortunately though, bills have to be paid so Im asking just to get some kind of idea of how to budget and make a decision!

Thanks for any help

Alex

request visual
21st Jun 2008, 08:50
Hello,

1) Yes you will be paid in euros and that means if you live in the UK you are subject to fluctuations in the exchange rate.
2)You will be away from home 5 nights. Unless you get home stby which is rare if out of linetraining. (Subject to which fleet you are on)
3) Hotels, breakfast and taxis are paid by the company, however hotel bars/ restaurants are expensive.

Good luck!

Miserable Old Git
21st Jun 2008, 08:57
Alex,

1. Yes. The pay is the same wherever you are. The company will pay you in a UK bank, in Sterling, converted from Euros. You are therefore subject to exchange rate issues.

2. Yes. You are away for the 6 days.

3. Hotel and b'fast is paid for. Crew meals are provided for flight. If you are on standby or at the hotel in the evening, you pay for your own meals. What you do with the rest of the 70 Euro is up to you. If there are expenses that you incur (for business), the company will reimburse you. If it's a private matter, it's up to you to pay.

MOG

Duck Rogers
21st Jun 2008, 09:26
Guys/girls.

Please. Even if the question(s) aren't answered in existing threads can we avoiding starting new ones and making it harder for mods and the searchers that follow? Perhaps a question in the cunnungly titled thread "Netjets Interviews, All You Need To Know"?;)

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27664

Thanks

Duck