PDA

View Full Version : ATPL for Cathay?

millara
21st Jun 2008, 05:30
Wondering if Cathay requires an ATP-L to apply? Am a Us Capt with an ATP interested in working at Cathay? I tried to apply the other day and it rejected the app because I said "no" in the box for passes in ATP-L subjects. Any info??

FIRESYSOK
21st Jun 2008, 12:01
Guess you're not qualified. You will need the "L" qualification which can be near impossible to obtain.

hint (this is very tricky):

Go to Google website. Type in ATPL or ATP-L. Click on first search hit.

dynamicd
21st Jun 2008, 16:16
The "L" stands for land(i believe) so if you have an atp and have been flying land airplanes you should be fine.now go back and get that application in:ok:

perthtrained
21st Jun 2008, 18:51
ATP= American
ATPL=UK/European
ie.the same forapplication purposes.

727 Whisper Jet
22nd Jun 2008, 23:08
The L is a very difficult add on to the ATP License. You need about 50 more hours of training to get the ATP L designation. You also need two additional checkrides to convert your ATP License.

In Reality... the 'L' stands for License. ATP is synonymous with ATPL. Sorry to be a smarta$$. :)

FIRESYSOK
23rd Jun 2008, 04:30
It even says it in the Requirements Page. Guy wants to fly 400s across the globe but can't figure out what ATPL is.

nike
24th Jun 2008, 01:15
this wannabes forum is better than jetblast.

millara
25th Jun 2008, 07:41
All in Good Fun. In my defense not all ATPL's just add the word License onto an ATP...

puckhead
26th Jun 2008, 03:09
I will just got ahead and jump in this one as well. I am a CRJ-200 FO in the U.S. and currently have an FAA Commercial Multi. Does this qualify me for the SO position or do I need the ICAO? I see on the Cathay site it says ICAO but after reading the above posts Im kind of confused. Does the company assist in anyway with attaining ICAO if I need it (long shot I know)? Anyway please feel free to flame away at me just hopefully someone can throw the answer in there as well.

404 Titan
26th Jun 2008, 03:53
puckhead

The US licence is an ICAO licence. Cathay requires you to have an ATPL or the case of the US an ATP licence or passes in all the subjects and a multi engine command instrument rating.