PDA

View Full Version : Death of Cpt Tony Doyle City Jet

Capt Greaser
24th Nov 2001, 04:13
Captain Tony Doyle passed away peacfully in his sleep at home in Dublin Saturday November 17th. Our deepest sympathy goes out to his wife Neille and family.
Captain Tony Doyle was a very well known character in Irish aviation. He had vast experience and set up the air charter company Flightline in the early 80's. Tony spent much of his time helping people and I myself owe my career to Tony as he gave me my first aviation job in the 80's with Iona Airways. He also offered me employment in the early 90's when there wasn't a job to be had.
To the flight attendents in City Jet he was affectionatly known as "Dad". And that is what Tony was. An "Aviation Dad". Like any other Dad he cannot be replaced.
Farewell my best friend in aviation.
Capt Greaser

Tom the Tenor
24th Nov 2001, 14:07
Sympathy to family and friends of Captain Doyle. Ar dheis De. Hope he received a good send off.

ALT
24th Nov 2001, 14:09
Larger than life, a man who always had a smile or friendly greeting for everyone he met, and they were many!
A browse through his liscence and logbook was an adventure most aviators could only dream about, truly an Irish aviation legend
My deepest sympathies to his wife and family, and also thanks to Capt. Greaser for the post.
Many thanks to Tony for all he did for me in my career, his valuable contribution will never be forgotten

TONY DOYLE "RIP"

146LUKE
24th Nov 2001, 15:04
I did my last flight for the company with Tony, a very sad loss. My sympathy to all his family.

Speedbird48
24th Nov 2001, 17:24
Very Sad news, Tony was a good friend to many. I had the pleasure of teaching him the 146 at Dulles and as there was a break in the class, for some reason, he went back to Dublin only to appear with a large box of 48 Mars bars as soul food for the instructor!! It then became a ritual for students to BRIBE the instructor with Mars bars.
A great guy who will be sadly missed. Condolences to the family and all who knew him.

efcop
25th Nov 2001, 02:46
I had the pleasure of working with him during his type transition onto SB20 at Crossair's training center in LFSB.
my thoughts are with his family.