PDA

View Full Version : Ok - who broke PPRuNe?

Shunter
20th Jun 2008, 08:58
Would the amateur vBulletin administrator please refrain from playing around with permalinks and simple URLs on the live server? Tut tut...

Saab Dastard
20th Jun 2008, 16:12
Spot-on Shunter!

SD

tony draper
20th Jun 2008, 16:36
They should employ Drapes one can have the hard disk stripped out newun in formatted windows loaded drivers loaded old hard disk in a slave the good stuff copied across up and running in less than an hour.
Mind you one is mainly a hardware person tiz software probs that fecks me.
Built a puter for me mate across the way once,from taking all the bits motherboard case cpu ect out of the wrappers to switching on took 27 minutes,but it took three fecking days to get windows running proper like.
:rolleyes:

Shunter
20th Jun 2008, 16:54
Windows is for home computers. It is not for servers. You'll find that people who think Windows makes a good server actually know nothing about computers or how they work :ok:

tony draper
20th Jun 2008, 17:04
Hmmm, one built a dual pentium 500 server moons ago,twernt to be a server though twer to run Falcon 4 which theoretically was dual threaded,tiz lying rusting away in one's junk room now.
:rolleyes:

banana9999
20th Jun 2008, 19:11
Windows is for home computers. It is not for servers. You'll find that people who think Windows makes a good server actually know nothing about computers or how they work :ok:

I would hope that this server does not run on Windows. However, I am certain that it had little or nothing to do with today's episode which was a misconceived and, presumable, non-tested procedure.

What is the purpose of the new features anyway? Are they to attract more visitors to PPRuNe via search engines. Is this the start of Internet Brands marketing? Not criticising, just asking.