PDA

View Full Version : Booking US Domestic on NWA with a UK credit card

Skipness One Echo
19th Jun 2008, 20:57
How do I do this? Spent ages filling in my details and they insist on a US billing address? KLM.com only has the UK airports in the drop down box when I select UK as my home country. Am I being a big thicko?

Thanks

PaperTiger
20th Jun 2008, 16:39
"When you begin your flight search it is assumed you are a U.S.resident and will be using a credit card with a U.S. billing address. If this incorrect you will need to return to the Flight Search* page and select NO at the top of the page where it has RESIDENT OF UNITED STATES YES / NO.

A new page will appear allowing you to select your country of residence, once selected you will be returned to the Flight Search page. The country should be displayed in bold on the upper left side of the page by the NWA / Skyteam logo."

Clear enough, yes ? But what it doesn't tell you is that this(*) is NOT the home page it's talking about - you have to click the "more search options" link to get to the page where you admit to being a furriner :ugh:

(Don't feel bad, took me an hour or so to figure this out too.)

Timmyflyer
20th Jun 2008, 16:59
had the same problem with United....... use Expedia.com or Orbitz now, as they both accept UK credit card.

Skipness One Echo
20th Jun 2008, 19:29
"When you begin your flight search it is assumed you are a U.S.resident and will be using a credit card with a U.S. billing address. If this incorrect you will need to return to the Flight Search* page and select NO at the top of the page where it has RESIDENT OF UNITED STATES YES / NO.

A new page will appear allowing you to select your country of residence, once selected you will be returned to the Flight Search page. The country should be displayed in bold on the upper left side of the page by the NWA / Skyteam logo."

This takes me back to KLM.com where I don't want to be ! It just flight options from the UK in the drop down box. I tried to phone KLM today and was put on hold permanently waiting on NWA to pick up! HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F***ing idiots I mean it's it's sooooo hard to give them money!

PaperTiger
20th Jun 2008, 20:03
Just lie.

Pick Canada from the country list and all the NA airports will show up; although I'm not sure if it will actually validate your address as 'Canadian' when you get to the CC purchase.

If so then you're stuck with opodo, expedia etc. as others suggest.

This US-centric parochial approach is infuriating; and they wonder why we think them conceited. :hmm:

eastern wiseguy
20th Jun 2008, 22:39
Expedia.com

Small point but it always asks me to select .co.uk. That ALWAYS works for me:ok:(and it is usually cheaper)

Oneil
21st Jun 2008, 08:31
Im getting the same problem with the virgin america site- it lets you pick the UK as your country of resience then asks for zip/post code. Then tells me it's invalid.

Pax Vobiscum
21st Jun 2008, 20:55
Speaking as someone who's run European IT for a US megacorp, I can confirm that if they say they have a 'worldwide' solution, they mean something that works in New York AND Los Angeles. If it's 'global' then it may work in Toronto as well. :ok:

Electronsareblue
23rd Jun 2008, 07:20
I very much sympathize with the experiences described.

However, before leaping into top Jingoistic form, thread readers might want to look at the on-line interface for booking railway tickets in the UK.

Yes.... you have to have a UK address on your credit card in order to use the web. However, you don't find this out until you have already gone through all the data entry windows and are at the last, payment step.

The only option that works is to let your fingers do the walking and use the land line.

The agent answering your call will commiserate with you and confirm that this "happens all the time" and that they "are thinking of changing it".

I'm not holding my breath ........