PDA

View Full Version : Fighter Pilot: Afganistan

Fly380
19th Jun 2008, 18:09
Have just noticed this programme is on tonight at 10.40pm on ITV 1. (Well according to my Spanish TV Times). " Series following fighter pilots from RAF Cottesmore in action over war-torn Afganistan." Well I will be watching it.:ok:

Background Noise
19th Jun 2008, 19:18
On ITV Carlton Central only I believe.

mustflywillfly
19th Jun 2008, 19:24
This was on ITV4 a while ago. Reasonable viewing and was good to see Mental, last time I saw him we had returned to Yeovs having already blasted into the Merryfield circuit, mistakenly... Ooooops. That's another story though (and I was just the pleb in the backseat I hasten to add).

airborne_artist
19th Jun 2008, 19:48
I'll tape it. VHS available to any Ppruner who wants it once AA and AA junior have watched it.

Max Shutterspeed
19th Jun 2008, 20:12
It was on last week too. OK footage, but nothing like as rivetting as the One Life programme about the Chinook crew.

To be fair, you can't exactly walk around the flight deck of a Harrier in flight with a DV Camera like they could in the Wokka.

I'll still be watching it, though :)

Max

aviate1138
19th Jun 2008, 21:40
Try this....

http://www.itv.com/CatchUp/Video/default.html?ViewType=5&Filter=20821

sunshine band
23rd Jun 2008, 22:09
When is the air to air fighter capability being brought back then??? Shouldn't it be Bomber Pilot??

SB

Melchett01
23rd Jun 2008, 22:52
When is the air to air fighter capability being brought back then??? Shouldn't it be Bomber Pilot??

You probably have a point there. But the fact that they have called it Fighter Pilot only goes to reinforce the old addage: "Fighter pilots make movies, bomber pilots make history" :p