PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Aviation Viewing Park

bplgaz
19th Jun 2008, 16:35
I'm flying out of Manchester tomorrow on a press do with Monarch.
Fancy arriving early and checking out the AVP but I'm on the train.
Is there a bus I can get, or should I grab a taxi?
Any advice would be handy.
I'm on ZB648 to Larnaca at 2pm and have to meet MON press rep in T1 at noon.
If I get there at 10am is there enought time to do it by bus?
Cheers!

Sam-MAN
19th Jun 2008, 16:41
Theres a bus direct there at weekends from the bus terminal in the airport.

Theres also a regular (no idea how regular) service to the cargo terminal (Number 19 I think) and its a short 10 minute walk to the AVP from there.

You can always ask at the bus terminal when you get there if your a bit unsure, I'm sure the people on the desk will help you :ok:

Sam

BYALPHAINDIA
19th Jun 2008, 19:23
Not a 'Lover' of the AVP, You get your viewing blocked by kids running around & that.

Also what annoys me is those who ask the most 'stupid' questions, When they can see that you are trying to concentrate to take photo's etc.

And others who 'ramble' on in your ear about nothing.:zzz:

Then you miss all the action talking to them.:ugh:

I prefer to go over to the end of R 24L - that's where the hardcore photographers & spotters go - D Norman, D Randle, S Prince etc...

It is brilliant, Raised up on a hill and you are stood facing the aircraft rolling on R 24L.:D

It is nice and quiet with no kids & families to annoy you.:D

I guess everyone has different views.

HXdave
20th Jun 2008, 15:54
if you are flying from the airport, why not just turn up early and go onto the top of the multistory carpark in T1. good viewing here and you then only have to catch a lift to check in area so no worries about bus connections...........

free as well, considering you will not have a car.

Ooops, never saw the date & time of the original post........... my guess is that he is already nearly in cyprus by the time i posted!

LN-KGL
20th Jun 2008, 22:16
BYALPHAINDIA, seems to be some time since your last visit to MAN - the second runway has been 05R/23L for around one year now :8
Me too prefer the south side the first part of the day. But contrary to you BYALPHAINDIA I prefer to be further down along the runway to get the aircraft rotating - like this

http://www.plane-spotter.com/Jpegs/840/SpringTour_2008-04-26/G-TOYJ.jpg

I haven't tested the first part, but it must be possible to take the Travelodge shuttle bus from the terminal to the nearby Travelodge Manchester Airport. From the hotel it's only a 15 minutes walk along the Old Wilmslow Road past the Romper to the Aviation Viewing Park. As a added bonus you will get a close view of the only Second World War hangar left at MAN (just across the road from the Romper).

Kurt

donnlass
21st Jun 2008, 11:06
Hi

You can get the No 18 bus (Altrincham) unfortunately the No 19 doesnt run there any more.

The 18 goes to the Cargo Centre then you need to go up the steps and turn right past the In Flight Food Factory and turn left at the crossroads which has the Romper pub opposite.

Turn left there and the road will take you to the AVP.

Hope this helps.

Donnlass